Need a compatible and low cost wifi range extender for TL-WR840N Version 5 wireless router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Need a compatible and low cost wifi range extender for TL-WR840N Version 5 wireless router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-14 11:29:31
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi 

I am staying in a 2 bedroom apartment and using a TL -WR840N VERSION 5 ,300 MBBPS wireless router. However the speed in my second bedroom at the corner is very less.

So I am planning to get a extender as well.

Can you please let me know which will be a best fit low price extender which would work good in a 2-3 bedroom apartment and I can simply plug it in a electrical point.

Thanks & Regards

Himangshu Das

himangshu6@gmail.com

Options
5 Reply
Re:Need a compatible and low cost wifi range extender for TL-WR840N Version 5 wireless router
2019-06-17 08:06:16

Hi,

Here are some range extender can be used to extend the wifi range. 

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/range-extender/

For the price, cause it varies in different countries and districts, it is sugggested to consult the retailer.

Back to your case, for the wifi range, it is hard to say, cause it is related to the actual network environment, and can be affected by the obstacles. 

Besides, if the whole house running under the same power circuit, the powerline adapters which support wifi function is a good choice.

Note: The model begins with TL-WPAXXX supports wifi function. 

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/powerline/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Need a compatible and low cost wifi range extender for TL-WR840N Version 5 wireless router
2019-06-19 05:01:55

Thank you Kevin ! I procured a extender. Will check today if it works.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Need a compatible and low cost wifi range extender for TL-WR840N Version 5 wireless router
2019-06-19 05:51:56

You are welcome; just take your time to configure the extender and test the performance.

If need any further help, just let us know. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Need a compatible and low cost wifi range extender for TL-WR840N Version 5 wireless router
2019-06-19 05:56:58
Sure Kevin ! Will keep you all posted.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Need a compatible and low cost wifi range extender for TL-WR840N Version 5 wireless router
2019-06-24 09:09:19

Sure. Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1053

Replies: 5