Problems With TL-WN823N Please Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-14 18:26:03 - last edited 2020-10-28 02:39:17
Model: TL-WN823N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, two months ago i bought this device for my pc, it seems to work for the firts three weeks but as everyone has experimented with TPLINK the device start to disconnect automatically from the Wifi signal and sometimes the download speed decreases too much, i have tried with another Version drivers, sometimes work if i disconect the device and connect it  in another usb port, but the problems keeps, i have tried unnistall again and again, and i don´t know if the devide simply it´s screwed, i dont think that my router of my wifi service were the problem because my phone and other devices work normally, anybody has an alternative? i´m very frustated 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Problems With TL-WN823N Please Help
2019-06-17 10:36:41

Hi,

We will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it.

What is the operating system of your computer?

How often it drops out the connection? How do you make it back to work?

What about the wireless signal strength? How far away does it from the main router?

What about other wireless devices? Do they drop the connection?

How did you install the driver? Use the CD or download the driver from the official website.

Besides, if possible, we suggest you to change another USB port or another computer to do a comparison analysis. You can refer to the instruction below to locates the issue as well.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2241/

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Options
Re:Re:Problems With TL-WN823N Please Help
2019-06-18 20:40:08

Thanks for your help, well my operating system is windows 10, a week ago, the divice was dropping the signal every single minute, it´s very weird because right now it´s working normally, but sometimes it just stop working, the distance between the router and my pc is about four meters and a half i guess. it has a strong signal, to make it work again i have to unnistall the drive, install again, sometimes with just changing the usb port, or restart my router, in other cases it just come back to work randomly without do nothing, in other devices sometimes the signal drops but when they catch the signal once the signal appears, all goes normally again, it happens seldomly, i´m starting to suspect thay maybe my internet service is having faults, but it´s really strange that it do work sometimes and  sometimes not, i don´t really know who the problem is with 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Problems With TL-WN823N Please Help
2019-06-18 20:42:00

First i used the official page Drivers, i tried with three versions, but the V3 seems to be the correct, after the problems, i tried using the CD, but it was the same 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Problems With TL-WN823N Please Help
2019-06-19 03:04:21

Hi,

That is a little weird, you can try to change some wireless settings on the main router to give it a go, like the wireless channel and channel width. 

Meanwhile, below is the chipset of the 823N V3, you can try to find the public driver online and install it.

Realtek RTL8192EU

After that, please take your time to test the stability. And you can try to change another computer to do a comparison analysis as well. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Problems With TL-WN823N Please Help
2020-07-16 04:17:28

@Kevin_Z I have the same problem. It begin around one year ago (so about time of that post with one of Windows 10 updates).

Basically it's not connection problem. Dongle randomly dissapears from devices and putting it out and in helps.. for 5 minutes. It's extremaly annoying. I used Linux for some times and now I'm back at Windows and I see you still didn't fix drivers. Shame on you. Never will buy again hardware made by you.

Options
Re:Problems With TL-WN823N Please Help
2020-10-25 10:25:03 - last edited 2020-10-25 10:25:40

@Emme_Strt I have the same problem, when i bought it it worked great for first week and after that it start constantly dropping after +- 30 seconds

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10112

Replies: 8

Related Articles