NC210 WLAN connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-16 11:14:07

I have five nc210 cameras. Connected to WLAN.

All of them goes occationally offline. They are not connected to WLAN Access point anymore. Camera is still on and green led is on too. Camera cant be used until power is cut off and on again. So socket out from outlet and back seems to fix it for a day, week or 15minutes until it happens again.

My wifi network at home is solid. None of my +40 wireless devices drops off like Tplink cameras does.

What a bullshit product. It seems to be well known issue and fix is what.. Downgrading...which seems to be so classified thing that you are sending instructions to everyone with private message..

So please contact me and explain me what is your real fix for the problem. 

Options
20 Reply
Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-06-17 07:29:44

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here, we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it.

What is the current hardware and firmware version of the NC210? 

Do they all lose connection at the same time? 

What is the wifi signal showing up on the tpCamera app? Have you ever tried to move them closer to the main router to do a test?

When and where did you buy them?

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-06-17 08:31:23

Hi,

Model: NC210

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: 1.0.9

They do not lose connection at the same time. It happens suddenly and it might be that one camera goes offline and others work just fine.

Wifi-signal shows "very good" in four of them. One is "good".

There's three meters from every single camera to wlan access points. I think that wifi signal is good and strong enough to keep devices connected. Like I said there is no other devices dropping off like these tp-link cameras do.

I have tried static ip's and now I'm using dhcp reservation. Changing between dynamic and static ip does not change the behavior. I also have to mention that sometimes there is like few weeks that they are online and working normally. Sometimes they drop off 5 times per day.

I bought them from store in Finland.

Options
Re:Re:Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-06-18 03:16:52 - last edited 2019-06-18 03:18:00

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

May I know the model number of the main router? Have you ever tried to change some wireless settings of the main router? Like the wireless channel.

When did you buy the 5 cameras? Were they working properly before? 

Besides, what is the download and upload bandwidth you paid?

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-06-18 05:07:41

Hi,

I'm using Google Wifi:

https://store.google.com/product/google_wifi

It's a mesh network so channel in 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz is decided by Google wifi.

I bought them 8-10 months ago. They have done this from the beginning and I'm bored to unplug->plug. 

First I did have tp-link powerline extenders but cameras had exactly same problems as they do now with google mesh.

You mean ul and dl speed to internet. Not quite sure how it has nothing to do with this but most of the time:

UL: 20Mpbs

DL: 30Mbps

Have you red other topics where people are reportins same issues with different models:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/153635?page=1&t=2019%2F06%2F13%2001%3A55%3A52%20%2B0000

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/159541?page=1&t=2019%2F04%2F28%2006%3A56%3A55%20%2B0000

Is there a problem with your version management? Could it be that you did publish version which was not properly tested and now users are testing it for your guys and reporting connectivity issues?

Options
2019-06-19 06:33:39

and today..two cameras offline..

three online..

Options
2019-06-19 08:10:29

Hi Jani,

Thanks for your reply.

What is the IP address obtained by the NC210 when it goes offline? You can check it on the Google app. 

Meanwhile the light status of the NC210 at that point is still solid green, right? 

Can you ping the IP address of the camera from the local devices? Please show me a screenshot of the ping results.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-06-19 10:09:14

It's offline, there is no ip address. Dhcp reservation is still there of course waiting for camera to get back online but camera is not active and is in offline.

Because it drops off from network it can't answer ping request, or telnet. Like said..it is offline...

If it would be in online mode like it should be ip address would be 192.168.86.17. That's normal local network ip address and normal Google Wifi LAN address pool where the ip is reserved.

Led status is solid green. I may be stupid but I'm 99% sure that this has nothing to do with my local network or ip address it uses or in what position planet earth is at the time when camera X goes offline. I'm 99% sure that it is your firmware which has some weird sh** going on. 

Options
2019-06-20 06:58:38

What do I need to read log file from camera? Notepad ++ did not understand log file.

Would have copy paste log file to forum but that's disabled in camera configuration page. So let's post some pictures.

Here's basic log loop.. first many lines "time changed". That seems stupid that camera logs ntp time changes in every 5min but what ever.

Then suddenly NTP is f*cked up and we go back to the year 2016. Then it starts camera modules again and changes ip to bu ip 192.168.0.10 which is not google wifi local networks ip address. So that is the moment that camera goes offline. Now I'm not sure at which point I unplugged camera and put it back on. It might be that line where it says that year is 2016 and maybe because it hasn't yet got network time.

Last few lines show that camera was rebooted and that's what I did just for fun.

Options
2019-06-20 06:59:41
..and just to clarify... ip 192.168.86.14 is right ip for this camera.
Options
2019-06-25 10:20:52 - last edited 2019-06-25 10:23:10

Hi Jani,

Thanks for your feedback, sorry to respond late.

From the log you attached, I found that the camera get an IP in a different subnet, which is 192.168.0.10, so I'm afraid that there is another DHCP server which causes this issue.

Please verify that and tell me the current network topology.

You can try to give them a static IP address again when they work properly, which is in the subnet of 192.168.86.x. Like 192.168.86.100-105.

After that, please check whether it works. 

If still the same, please tell us the mac address of each unit and then we can do further analysis.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2612

Replies: 20