NC210 WLAN connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

NC210 WLAN connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-06-25 13:32:35

Well come on Kevin... I think you should already know this..but fyi..

IP address 192.168.0.10 is from your tp link camera's original configuration. That address is so called back up address if camera drops off from network so that user could set for example laptop to same network to get connected back to camera's configuration page. So ..there is no other dhcp server in my network....

I work with firewalls and routers and sometimes customer contacts me and says "connection between my laptop and destination server does not work", please fix it". I could offer a real help by looking firewalls log files or routing table to see if there's something wrong. Or then I just could ask kind of pointless questions like:

- have you rebooted your laptop?

- did it work yesterday?

- is your computer connected to network?

etc.

- by the way..have you rebooted your laptop?

So all the important information is basically already provided in first few messages. Now after week of messaging we are wondering what is the 192.168.0.10 ip address from configuration. That is not important..

So let's go with the mac address based inspection. I will send private message to you. And just to make sure... You are not allowed to see users tp link camera streams from cloud right?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-06-26 07:21:56

Hi Jani,

Thanks for your feedback.

We won't and not allowed to see users camera streams, we value and protect the privacy of each customer. So do not worry about that. 

And our engineer will contact you later to follow up and try to fix it. You can keep your inbox.

Thanks for your cooperation and support in advance. Have a nice day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-06-29 04:53:10

Ok. I'm waiting your engineer to contact me. Today 03:36AM (29th of June) one of the cameras dropped off again.

Mac: 50.........2F. I will not reboot it so that you can try to see what is going on.

Options
Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-06-30 12:36:56

Fu** this. Last two days and three cameras offline.

What a piece of sh**.

Options
Re:Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-07-01 03:35:32

Hi Jani, 

Sorry for the trouble caused here, while our engineer has emailed you regarding to the unstable connection issue.

You can reply to his email and then you can do further analysis and try to fix it. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-07-01 16:08:04

Ok thanks. I did not understand your message right at first.

I checked my email and just replied Clare's message. We will continue there.

Howevers here's good information for other people having problems with tp link camera's which are dropping off from network. I got message where Tp link's expert thinks that camera is still online because led is green. I'm now trying to explain that when problem occurs... green solid led in NC210 camera does not mean that camera is online because it's completely dropped off from network (according telnet, google wifi, wireshark, tp link android camera app).

I write you guys more later when I have more to tell. If somebody has same symptoms with tp link cameras (with any camera model) please reply. I think that there might be other tp link camera models having this exact same issue and possible fix could help us all.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-07-02 05:51:30

Hi Jani,

I see, I got your point. You can update the whole process there. 

And our engineer will try their best to help you  to fix it. 

Note: The reason why he thougt the camera is still online beacsue it is designed showing green as the camera has connected to the internet which you can find on the user manual. 

Nice day. 

Options
Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-07-03 11:27:28

We haven't yet figured out what is the real cause. One of the cameras did change wifi connection on its own to ap which was far a way from the device. Signal was bad and there was no sensible reason why camera decided to change ap with great signal strenght 1 meter away to ap which is 10m away and has poor signal.

I ran wifi scan in camera and that camera reported that that ap with poor signal was best ap with best possible signal strenght. (full bars)

There was another camera near the problematic camera and it kept its connection to that nearest ap with great signal all the time. When I ran wifi test it listed signal strenght like it was supposed to list. Nearest ap was first in the list with full signal bars and that ap far away from camera was listed fourth with one signal bar.

I think that camera either gets wrong information about ap signal strenghts or do something weird until scan results really update and strongest ap is choosed right.

When we tried to solve this thing out with tp link and goole at the same time I found out that one of the cameras dropped off from the network. Now it is offline according android app and ping or telnet do not go through. Led in camera is still solid green but camera is in offline mode. Now I sent email to tp link expert so that they could analyze what happend with that camera and its connection.

Options
Re:Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-07-05 06:33:39

Haven't heard anything yet. Hope that they are trying to solve this issue (with me)

For me it seems like tp link NC210 has problem with its wi-fi and how it understands wifi scan results and how often it updates these results. Here's email I sent to Tp link support yesterday.

"Hi,

I did run few tests and also reset all cameras.

When adding new camera with app it asks which ap user wants camera to connect to. It gives four same ssid's because I have four ap's with same ssid in my mesh.

In every camera I chose ap/ssid which has best signal strenght. But after all it does not matter which ap I chose because after restart it tends to connect the first one in wifi scan list and that list is not good.

For me it seems that wifi scan list does not update every time when even manual (user presses scan button) wifi scan is done. When I tested scanning it for example showed ap's that I installed for test reasons and removed 30minutes before I started to scan wifi networks. So scan results gave me old information and I believe it's same thing with signal strenght. If one of the mesh ap's has even short bad moment and most far away ap has best signal strenght for that 1 minute camera might connect to that ap and does not actively search better ap with better signal strenght.
It was same thing at the morning when one of the cameras was connected wrong ap and after couple of hours it refreshed scan list (i suppose) and understood that there is better ap to connect to.

There could be easy way to test and even fix this problem which might be concerning all mesh networks (not only google). If user could choose ap's that are available to use based on ap's mac addresses. I mean some kind of blacklist/whitelist settings where ssid name does not matter but ap's mac address does. I could easily block tp link for not to connect two of my ap's that are quite far away from devices. Now that I do not have that possibility, for some reason camera swaps ap with no reason and with no reliable information.

Could it be possible and would it be big task to add this kind of setting to cameras wireless connection page?"

I'm not hundred procent sure what causes camera/cameras  to go offline but I'm guessing that in my case camera connects for some reason to ap in mesh which signal is poor. Camera does not refresh it's wifi scan list very often and it thinks that ap with poor signal is the best way to go. Then it tries to keep connection on until it just can't (most of the packets drops off) and finally whole connection drops off. I'm guessing that there's bigger bug too begause camera keeps green led solid which should mean that camera is connected to wifi. That is not the case and it gives wrong information to user.

I also know that there's people who do not have mesh networks like google wifi but camera's still drops off from network and goes offline. It could be... that if I would have chance to blacklist few ap's in tp link camera it might fix just one part of the issue but offline problem may still occure.

I'm not sure that if I'm been fooled when I bought these cameras. I need to soon start thinking about making reclamation to TP link in Finland.

Options
Re:Re:Re:NC210 WLAN connection problems
2019-07-09 12:51:08 - last edited 2019-07-09 12:53:47

This seems to go nowhere. TP Link Support suggests me to contact Google and ask if they could update their software to allow user to choose which clients are able to connect to certain ap's. Before that  I asked Tp link to update their software so that user could choose ap's to whitelist/blacklist. Funny thing is that Tp link thinks this is Googles problem but none of my devices except Tp link cameras are dropping off and I have a lot of devices in network.

If I got it right. Tp Link can't find any problems from tp links own software or drivers and I'm advised to contact Google and sort this out. Way I see it is that Tp link cameras do not work and they go offline with no reason. As I tried to solve this out I found out that cameras wifi scans are not working like they are supposed to work but that seems to be not important information to TP link. I also think that this wifi scan thing is another problem and real problem behind this offline thing is something else.

What a fu**ing joke. I feel like I bought products that are not working. I do not recommend people to buy TP Link NC210 model and next thing for me is to write reclamation. I want my money back.

Btw does anyone know is there a way to reboot tp link cameras by using cmd from remote computer?

Options
Related Articles