How to reset tp link extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-16 12:11:30 - last edited 2022-07-25 12:08:31
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I need to reset my extender. Because when I enter the setting its asking me to put a password.I tried to put "admin" for how many times but it says incorrect password. I don't know what to do anymore.Can you tell me how please.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:How to reset tp link extender-Solution
2021-10-06 06:57:09 - last edited 2021-10-20 02:54:33

@Yomanew If you are facing a problem with reset TP link extender you can try this process press and hold the reset button for 5 sec or until the WiFi LED blinks amber and gree to initiate the app configuration process. To start switch/plug to factory defaults: Press and hold the reset button until the WiFi LED blinks amber rapidly (about 10 sec ) to reset the smart switch to factory defaults.                        

if you are still facing a problem with the factory reset TP link extender you can follow this process:-

1. Make sure the range extender is plugged into a power outlet.
  2. The power light on the front should be lit solid.
  3. If the power light is not on, press the power button on the side to turn the device on or the LED button to turn the indicator lights on.
  4. Locate the pinhole on the side where the reset button is.
  5. Insert a pin then press and hold the reset button until all indicator lights turn on momentarily.
  6. The range extender should now be reset to factory default settings.

Hope this will help you to reset the TP-link extender.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-07-25 12:12:35 - last edited 2022-07-29 02:40:36

Hello everyone, 

Here is a configuration guide and some great tips to help you set up your TP-Link range extender, please give it a try and let us know if it works for you. 

TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

Factory Reset Your Extender Before Reinstallation 

• RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button (pinhole) until all the LEDs flash once.

Related Articles: 

Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

What should I do if I fail to configure TP-Link Range Extender?

How to place your wireless Range Extender for optimal reception and performance?

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:How to reset tp link extender
2019-06-17 08:10:57 - last edited 2022-07-25 12:08:28

Hi,

With the range extender powered on, hold the reset button/hole for 1s to reset it.

Then you can use default login password to login.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:How to reset tp link extender
2019-07-01 03:16:44

But which one is the default password?

Options
Re:Re:Re:How to reset tp link extender
2019-07-01 07:45:17 - last edited 2021-10-20 02:54:30

The default login password is admin, which is printed on the bottom label. While the default wifi is open, no password needed. 

JuanSarmiento wrote

But which one is the default password?

Options
2020-01-16 10:56:13

Before reset the tp link, you should need to restart the tp link extender. After restart the extender, find the reset key. Push the reset key at least 10 t0 15 minutes with tooth pick or paper clip.

Here you can check the Target Gift Card Balance

https://techmoab.com/mybalancenow
Options
2020-03-13 16:16:34

@Kevin_Z still same pr

Options
2021-02-14 03:27:16

Before reset the tp link, you should need to restart the tp link extender. After restart the extender, find the reset key. Push the reset key at least 10 t0 15 minutes with tooth pick or paper clip.

If doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to find another solution.

Thanks,

Umar from https://laptopar.com/

Options
2021-03-20 11:40:18 - last edited 2021-03-20 12:08:08

I solved this by having the range extender powered on, and the I proceeded on holding the reset button for 1s to reset it.

After which, use the default login password to login. kudos to this .community

Hope this solves yours 

https://www.techbmc.com
Options
2021-10-06 06:57:09 - last edited 2021-10-20 02:54:33

@Yomanew If you are facing a problem with reset TP link extender you can try this process press and hold the reset button for 5 sec or until the WiFi LED blinks amber and gree to initiate the app configuration process. To start switch/plug to factory defaults: Press and hold the reset button until the WiFi LED blinks amber rapidly (about 10 sec ) to reset the smart switch to factory defaults.                        

if you are still facing a problem with the factory reset TP link extender you can follow this process:-

1. Make sure the range extender is plugged into a power outlet.
  2. The power light on the front should be lit solid.
  3. If the power light is not on, press the power button on the side to turn the device on or the LED button to turn the indicator lights on.
  4. Locate the pinhole on the side where the reset button is.
  5. Insert a pin then press and hold the reset button until all indicator lights turn on momentarily.
  6. The range extender should now be reset to factory default settings.

Hope this will help you to reset the TP-link extender.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-07-25 12:12:35 - last edited 2022-07-29 02:40:36

Hello everyone, 

Here is a configuration guide and some great tips to help you set up your TP-Link range extender, please give it a try and let us know if it works for you. 

TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

Factory Reset Your Extender Before Reinstallation 

• RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button (pinhole) until all the LEDs flash once.

Related Articles: 

Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

What should I do if I fail to configure TP-Link Range Extender?

How to place your wireless Range Extender for optimal reception and performance?

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-12-01 03:42:32

@Solla-topee 

Hello,

We received a new modem and I am having trouble reconfiguring the TPlink extender. None of the advice works here for me.

My extender just keeps flashing the big round wifi button and the 5GHz middle button blue, with the LAN cable socket flashing two small green lights. 

I know the extender works as it was working up until yesterday when we changed to the new modem. The internet connection works well.

Is there any way to do a hard reset? The reset button on the side doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks.

Options