Is there a speed test function in Archer C9?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-17 19:55:06

Hello!

We got a router from TP Link, Archer C9. Now I wonder if there is a function "speed test" to test the Internet connection. I have not found such a function.

(Right now the router is connected to ISP-fiber-socket)

How ever my ISP is about to change the agreement after two years and want us to renew. I think the agreement right now is 1000/1000 and at som point I think i measured it to 800 downlink speed at least but I do not remeber to uplink speed. So I need to measure it again. Perhaps I will get better results an deals from some other ISP

If I use my phone over the WIFI I just get 40/40. So I guess I need to measure it from the router. 

Best regards

Fredrik

Options
5 Reply
Re:Is there a speed test function in Archer C9?
2019-06-17 20:05:22
There are many speed tests online that you can use with Ookla (https://www.speedtest.net/) one of the go-to ones. Bypass the router and test with your PC connected directly to the Modem. Be sure to use a good cable. test several times. Then test when connected via cable to your router. Be sure your device can support Gigabyte speeds.
Options
Re:Re:Is there a speed test function in Archer C9?
2019-06-17 20:07:45

Hello!

Thanks for your reply, but do you know if there is such a function within this certain router?

Best regards

Fredrik

Options
Re:Re:Re:Is there a speed test function in Archer C9?
2019-06-17 20:16:08
I have an Archer C8 and it does not. Suspect the same for yours. By using one on your device, you will also see limits that the device may have. I know you would like a pure measure of your ISP.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Is there a speed test function in Archer C9?
2019-06-18 05:13:51

Hello, 

Thanks alot. 

But what a pitty, such function would have been great. Perhaps initiated from a timer each day for statistic.

To night I will try to perform your solution, connect my laptop directly to the modem and measure. 

Best regards 

Fredrik 

Options
Re:Is there a speed test function in Archer C9?
2019-06-18 07:42:45

Hi,

There is no built-in speed test function on the C9; while you can use some speed test website to measure the speed, like the speedtest.net. 

And you can use the 3rd party programme to run a test first, any updates, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1971

Replies: 5