Wifi bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi bridge
Wifi bridge
2019-06-18 04:56:35
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Property/House 1 - Archer C3150 is connected to internet through our internet provider and working fine 
Property/House  2 - No internet and line can't be drilled to the house (homes are 600ft apart with nothing inbetween) 

I want to set up a point to point system to get internet to house number 2 

I went and bought another Archer C3150 and then engenius station 5 point to point dishes, I got the two Engenius dishes communication and now just need the Router with the internet to communicate with the 2nd Archer C3150 at home number 2 

There is no "enable wds bridge" button under wireless setting and I tried just making the 2nd router an Access point but I can't figure out how to get the routers communicating 

Thanks in advance 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Wifi bridge
2019-06-18 07:48:32

Hi,

What is the hardware version of the 2 Archer C3150? 

Meanwhile, the distance between the 2 houses are about 600ft, compared to the indoor router and configure it as range extender to extend the wifi range, the outdoor devices can be used to build up a point to point connection will be better. Like the CPE device.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Wifi bridge
2019-07-02 01:42:39

The router in the main house with the internet says ver:2 and the router that would act as an access point is ver:2.1 

Not sure what you mean by the distances comment.

Home 1 will have the router plugged into the service provider and then another cat5 running to the enstation5 long range wifi dish and then home two will have the router just connected to the other enstation5 long range wifi dish 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Wifi bridge
2019-07-03 06:44:26

Hi,

You can use the engenius station 5 to extend the wifi range, like C3150--engenius station 5-a )))(((engenius station 5-B--c3150. 

While for the engenius station 5, we are not familiar with it, it is suggested to contacted their tech support to configure them and build up a point to point connection.

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Wifi bridge
2019-07-03 12:35:16

My issue is getting my ac3150 to connect to my other ac3150. The enstation5 is working so let’s just take that right out of the picture and say I just want my ac3150 at the front on my house to connect to one at the back of the house to extend the signal. If I can get them communicating then my problem is solved. (Sorry not a big tech guy) thanks 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Wifi bridge
2019-07-04 05:41:17

Hi,

Hi, I thought you use the enstation5 to builb up a  point to point connection and make it work as the internet source, so the 2nd C3150 can connect the enstation5 on House 2 to get internet. Just like the network topology I mentioned in my last reply.

The Archer C3150 does not support WDS function, that means they cannot connect to each other via wireless. 

Meanwhile, below is the instruction to configure the 2nd C3150 as access point. In this way, the 2nd C3150 need connect to the 1st  C3150 or other internet source to get internet by wired cable. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c3150-v2/#video 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2066/

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1457

Replies: 5

Related Articles