LB130 Away mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LB130 Away mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
LB130 Away mode
LB130 Away mode
2019-06-22 18:33:42
Model: LB130  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Build 853

Hi,

I've just bought a Smart Bulb LB130 and I'm trying to configure the Away mode like I can for the Smart Plugs but I can't see where I can do this on the LB130 app. Has anyone else managed to do this or is this a feature that isn't available on the bulb itself ?  If it isn't, then I may just have to use a Smart Plug to trigger the bulb which would be on all the time only coming on when the shedule tell it to come on and, and go off when the time is sheduled to go off.

Thanks alot,

Marttin

Options
3 Reply
Re:LB130 Away mode
2019-06-23 00:07:25

Not sure about the away feature for bulbs, but if you switch to a smart plug you might as well change to an inexpensive dumb LED bulb and use the LB130 (which is relatively expensive!) someplace else.

To be honest the notion of an "away" function is a little overplayed.  How many of us are such high value targets that a criminal will monitor the home for hours or days to notice whether a light comes on at the same time every day and so think no one is home?  How would they know, when a light is on a schedule, whether someone is home or not?  Most breakins are smash and grabs with the expectation no one is home - having any light on at any time is just an effective deterrent as a light on an away schedule - in fact probably more so because with away sometimes the light is off.  Using sunset triggers so lights come on when it's dark (vs coming on too early) is probably the best approach.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2019-06-23 08:04:42

Hi,

The LB130 does not support away mode. While the smart bulb supports schedule function, you can use it to turn it on and off at a certain time. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1249/

Meanwhile, you can use smart actions to turn it on and off automatically. This feature is available on Kasa app. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-06-23 17:21:05 - last edited 2019-06-23 17:23:14

Hi MikeP Thanks very much, I taken what you've said and just used the schedule instead and invested in dumb bulbs.  Thanks again !!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1043

Replies: 3

Related Articles