House with two consumer units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-25 13:24:46
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Any advice please? I am using 3 powerline extenders in my home however part of my house had a former granny annex which has its own consumer unit and therefore as the wiring circuits are different I cannot get extender to connect. Can anyone please suggest a workaround please? Getting wired ethernet cable to the location is possible but a horrible job and looking for options please

Options
5 Reply
Re:House with two consumer units
2019-06-25 15:40:07
I've got a similar set-up here, and I've been having no problem across multiple CUs. I use the past tense, because I've just today had 2 x PA9020P suddenly refuse to see each other, but the older PA411/PA4220 are still talking just fine. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/163716 describes my issue.
Options
Re:Re:House with two consumer units
2019-06-25 15:46:17

Thanks for that. I wonder if yours works ok because CU b appears to be a spur from the other unit. Sadly my two consumer units are separate albeit they are supplied by the same power source.

Options
Re:House with two consumer units
2019-06-26 06:20:08

Hi,

Usually it is suggested to use them under the same CU/power circuit, otherwise, the performance of the powerline adapters will be affected or even stop working. 

Back to your case, first you can update the firmware to the latest one; try to use different wall sockets to plug them. 

Besides, you can test the performance of the 3 adapters when they are in the same room; 

If it turns out that the powerline environment affects the performance, to extend the wifi range, you can consider the range extender, which will connect to the existing network by wireless to extend the wifi range. 

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/range-extender/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:House with two consumer units
2019-06-26 07:42:09

Kevin,

Thanks for replying. I'll try all that you have said

Options
Re:Re:Re:House with two consumer units
2019-06-27 00:59:01

You are welcome, just take your time to test it.

If need more help, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2773

Replies: 5

Related Articles