TP-LINK WPA8630P KIT with no internet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-25 21:46:19
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a TP-LINK WPA4220 and it works very well but i improved my internet from 100/100 to 500/500 so i decided to buy the TP-LINK WPA8630P KIT but when i connect to my computer or any devices it gives a message that it doesn't have internet.

PS:It was configured with the manual that is in the box and to not having two internet's in my house i did the clone to only have one internet.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Options
11 Reply
Re:TP-LINK WPA8630P KIT with no internet Connection
2019-06-26 06:25:57

Hi,

What is the light status of the TL-WPA8630P?

Please ensure that  you have paired it with the existing network. In other word, please ensure that the powerline light ( house light ) is on. 

Then please check the IP/gateway with computer connected to the powerline adapter. Instruction as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/ 

If still the same, you can reset all the units and re-pair them with the tpPLC utility. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1615/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:TP-LINK WPA8630P KIT with no internet Connection
2019-06-26 08:09:33
Hi Kevin_Z, All lights are in green with no blinking. I'm going to do what you said. Thank you for the help
Options
Re:Re:Re:TP-LINK WPA8630P KIT with no internet Connection
2019-06-27 01:00:31

Hi Goncalo,

You are welcome, please take your  time to do that.

Any updates, please let us know.

Wish you good luck. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:TP-LINK WPA8630P KIT with no internet Connection
2019-06-27 13:16:07

Hi Kevin,

It worked but the speed of the internet is really low.... 

I have a 3 floor house and the main router is in the basement and the WPA8630P is in the 1st Floor. In the basement I have download speed of 450mb and upload 350mb and in the first floor I have 15mb of download speed and 5 mb of upload. What can I do to have the speed that I have in the basement in the 1st floor. I am paying to have 500/500 internet.

Waiting response,

Goncalo_gaming

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TP-LINK WPA8630P KIT with no internet Connection
2019-07-01 07:56:05

Hi,

What is the light status of the WPA8630P in the 1st floor?

Try to change another wall socket to plug it and ensure that the powerline light is yellor or green; then please test the speed.

You can follow the below instruction to narrow down the issue and tell us some details:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2231/

a. The speed you can get from 8630P when it is in the basement.

b. The wired/wireless link speed of your computer; how to get it: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

c. The powerline link rate between the powerline adapters which shows up on the tpPLC utility.

Any updates, just let us know.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TP-LINK WPA8630P KIT with no internet Connection
2019-07-01 13:20:11

Hi Kevin

I'm butting in here; but I too have the WPA8630P KIT. My problem is that the Adapter is fine for ethernet but gives no wi-fi signal for that part of the house. As the router is obviously nearby I just choose a network from my router when I'm in that area of the house. I have 1 Extender in the front of the house. I have 1 device hardwired (works perfect) and I get wi-fi.

Am I missing a trick or is the Adapter not meant to provide a wi-fi signal?

John

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TP-LINK WPA8630P KIT with no internet Connection
2019-07-02 03:32:57

Hi,

For your information, the adapter starts with TL-PAXXX does not support wifi function, TL-WPAXXX does support.

So please ensure whether the adapter supports wifi function first.

If it does, please confirm the wifi led is on/flashing, otherwise, you can hold the wifi button for 3-5 seconds to turn it on.

After that, please test whether you can detect the wifi network.

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TP-LINK WPA8630P KIT with no internet Connection
2019-07-02 08:29:28

Thanks Kevin. The Adapter is the WPA8630P and the wifi green light is on.......but there is definitely no wifi signal coming from the Adapter. TP-Link 2.4 and 5.0 signal in that room are both very weak however when I walk to front of house, where extender is, the signals ramp up to full strength. So definitely no wifi from the Adapter just ethernet.

By the way, there is no wifi button to press and hold on the Adapter; just a "Pair" button.

John

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TP-LINK WPA8630P KIT with no internet Connection
2019-07-03 06:03:05

Hi,

If the adapter is TL-WPA8630P, then what is the model number of the extender? You can find it on the bottom label of the actual device. 

Meanwhile, the extender has 5 lights in total, while the adapter without wifi function has 3 lights only. On the side panel, there is a Wi-Fi button. You can double check it.

Besides, please ensure that you have not clone the wifi settings of the powerline adapter, you can use the utility to adjust it. Below is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TP-LINK WPA8630P KIT with no internet Connection
2019-07-03 09:25:31

Sorry Kevin - I misread your earlier mail.

The product I bought is the TL-WPA8630P Kit. The Extender is Model TL-WPA8630P and, as stated, does give off wi-fi. I assumed the Adapter was the same model.

Looking at the Adapter it is Model TL-PA8010P and has no wi-fi button just a Pair button. Is this the problem?

How can/why should a WPA8630P Kit not include a WPA8630 Adapter?

Options