Unable to configure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to configure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unable to configure
Unable to configure
2019-06-25 22:57:26
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I purchased a range extender on the advice of my broadband supplier EE due to poor reception in a bungalow. 

I have now spent the best part of 3 days trying to set it up. I initially used the gui 'easy set up guide', result of that below! 

WiFi info says it is connected but with no Internet access. I telephoned the argos support line initially (as I bought it from them and they have a dedicated help line for this product) to ask about the screen meaage 'you seem to have a problem' and the instruction it was giving me to scan the barcode (I don't know how to scan it as it is on the device I am using!) or download some tplink tether, and a very pleasant lady said she would e-mail detailed instructions. They were the quick installation guide that has left me in my current situation. 

I have tried a hard reset on the device to try to do the full installation from scratch in case I made an error on the initial set up but when I access the tplink repeater page, it defaults straight to 'you seem to have a problem'..... really...??? 

I then tried the wps 'easy set up' installation again with no success. I have joined the EE community for advice and it was brought to my attention the wps is on disable as default on the EE brightbox 2. I enabled wps on the advanced settings but to absolutely no avail. 

So as it stands. I am precisely nowhere as far as extending my WiFi goes. I can't reset it, remove it from my system or do a re installation. 

Waste of £30 so far and 3 days of my time trying to configure it. Bought it as I have ordered a smart TV. That will need to be cancelled if I have no Internet access in the room it was meant for. It's tiresome

Don't know if anyone can help

Get Outlook for Android

Get Outlook for Android

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to configure
2019-06-26 03:03:09

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble caused here, we will show you some instructions to configure the RE200.

1. With it powered on, hold the reset button or hole for 1s to reset it.

2. Then wait a while to make it reboot and connect to RE200.

3. Then please follow the instruction below to configure the RE200. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re200/#video or https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/702/

Note: Please select the main router's wifi and enter its password to configure the RE200. 

4. After that, you can check whether you can access internet.

Note: You can customize the wifi name of the RE200, otherwise, it may copy the main router's wifi settings.

If still the same, please tell me the light status of the RE200, and the IP/Gateway of your computer with it connected  to the RE200. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options