Many Devices Best Router&Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-26 13:11:32 - last edited 2019-06-27 02:35:53
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

What router&modem would you recommend for my families use? I have the fastest available internet in my area (70mbs). My son games a bit online and watches online tv, my daughter watches a lot of tv online, me and my wife just browse the interent. In all with have a lot of devices, (2x ipads, 4x smartphones, 2x echos, 4x laptops, and more). Of course they do not all run at once, but they are frequently used. Also, my home is old and has thick walls, so we have always struggled to get wifi thoughout the house and we use 2x TP link AC 1200 extenders.

I am thinking the Archer VR400. Or should I go for something with a more powerful processing capacity (VR2800)?

Thank you,

Alex

Options
1 Reply
Re:Many Devices Best Router&Modem
2019-06-27 02:52:20 - last edited 2019-06-27 03:10:18

Hi,

Considering the bandwidth is 70Mbps, the VR400 can work together. And it is recommended to connect no more than 30 devices to the router to ensure the performance. Which can cover the current needs.

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/archer-vr400/#specifications

While the wifi performance will be affected by the actual network environment and the obstacles. 

If the thick wall affects the signal a lot, you can consider to buy a couple of network expansion devices, like powerline adapters.

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/powerline/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 497

Replies: 1

Related Articles