Cams detect motion, notification is sent but no video

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-28 12:57:50

Hi,

I have 4 spot cameras and since yestrday night I cant see the videos uploaded from the camera, let me explain a bit more:

1. I get a movement notification on my phone
  2. I open the app and go to the notifications section
  3. All I see is a grey square as the picture attached, when I click play it says the camera is still recording
  4. After a while it says there was an issue with the recording and nothing was uploaded

If I try to watch it live, the loading screen stays on forever and cant see any live footage either.

It is important to say that this was working fine yesterday afternoon so im not sure if this is a server side issue or not, it would be strange if all 4 cameras stopped working at the same time or had a bug that got triggered at the same time wouldn't it?

I thought I needed to forward some ports but again, this also happens when im in the LAN or outside of it so it is not a firewall issue.

I really want to stick with these cameras as I bealive you have something great here but man.. you are making it hard for me to love it. First you cant automate anything and now this...

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cams detect motion, notification is sent but no video
2019-07-02 08:32:26

Hi,

Please try to change the DNS server of the main router to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to give it a go.

If still the same, please provide us the information below to do further analysis(You can send private message to us)

1. Your TP-Link cloud account.

2. The Mac address of the KC cameras. And the hardware and firmware version.

3. The model number of the main router.

4. The Kasa app version. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 632

Replies: 1