NC220 WLAN disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-28 17:25:41 - last edited 2019-06-29 15:56:09

Hi.

I am experiencing reliability issues with WLAN connectivity in my NC220 camera.

After a random amount of time (usually 2-5 days) it starts generating error messages to the wireless Access Point and after a while it disconnects completely until I reboot it again.

The point is that while working normally, it would reliably stream high quality video for more than 6 hours a day.... but after a few days it just fails again.

Also, all disconnections are produced while the camera is not streaming.

I am using an TP-LINK Archer C7 router as access point and the channel is selected automatically, but I also tried most favourable wireless channel, but still the same problem.

I have also played with IP configuration DHCP/STATIC, etc. to no avail....

Do you have any suggestions to try to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Pasko.

Options
4 Reply
Re:NC220 WLAN disconnections
2019-07-02 06:12:11

So the camera loses connection every few days, and you need reboot it to make it work, while I think it is accepted, other devices,streaming will occupy most data traffic and will strengthen the load of the router/AP. 

While you still can do some troubleshooting; check the light status of the NC220 when it lost connection; Try to ping it from other devices in the same network at that point. And test can other devices access internet from the router/AP.

Did you setup static IP by log into the web interface and go  to Basic- network page to modify it? 

Besides, what is the signal strength showing on the camera info page?

Options
Re:Re:NC220 WLAN disconnections
2019-07-02 10:37:01

Hi.

Thanks for your kind answer.

So the camera loses connection every few days, and you need reboot it to make it work, while I think it is accepted, other devices,streaming will occupy most data traffic and will strengthen the load of the router/AP. 

The camara is connected to an WLAN AP and shares the bandwidth with a SonOFF/Tasmota device that does not need much bandwidth at all.

While you still can do some troubleshooting; check the light status of the NC220 when it lost connection; Try to ping it from other devices in the same network at that point. And test can other devices access internet from the router/AP.

I have already checked the Led color and the ping test: I would say that, whenever there's IP traffic towards/from the camera it would not disconnect/reconnect. But I also think this should not be a solution...

Did you setup static IP by log into the web interface and go  to Basic- network page to modify it? 

Yes. I have throughly tested both options (Static & DHCP) to no avail.

Besides, what is the signal strength showing on the camera info page?

This screeshot shows 65% strength but most of the times it is well above 70%.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Re:Re:NC220 WLAN disconnections
2019-07-04 08:09:54

Hi,

What is the light status of the NC220 when it lost connection? 

At that point, is there any error message pops up on the tpCamera APP? Like the camer is offline or so? Did it obtain IP address?

When it lost connection, can you get internet from the C7 by wireless? 

Have you ever tried to reserve an IP for the NC220 on the web interface of the main router. 

Besides, when and where did you buy this NC220? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:NC220 WLAN disconnections
2019-07-04 10:44:47

Hi.

What is the light status of the NC220 when it lost connection? 

The led switches between red and green when the connection is messy. When the connection is completely lost, solid red.

At that point, is there any error message pops up on the tpCamera APP? Like the camer is offline or so? Did it obtain IP address?

The app screen also switches between offline/online indications. Yes, it obtained an IP address before disconnection happened.

When it lost connection, can you get internet from the C7 by wireless? 

Yes. Other devices connected to the router can connect to internet without issues.

Have you ever tried to reserve an IP for the NC220 on the web interface of the main router. 

Sure. I tried static & dinamic IP address. It always works in the first hours/deays, but then again fails.

Besides, when and where did you buy this NC220? 

I got it last october in a Carrefour mall in Spain.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 921

Replies: 4