Netgear extender into powerline 'no internet' problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-30 11:24:13

I am trying to connect a EX6120 Netgear AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender into a tp-link Av600 powerline. Both items individually work fine, however, when the extender is plugged into the powerline (via the network cable) my whole internet stops working. I have to completly unplg everything and reset my router.  They have happened several times now. Any ideas welcome!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Netgear extender into powerline 'no internet' problem
2019-07-01 08:02:19

Hi,

What is the model number of the Netgear extender and TP-Link power adapters?

You said you plug the extender into the powerline via ethernet cable, do you configure the extender as an access point? 

When the internet crashes, with your device connected to the TP-Link powerline adapters, what is the IP and gateway? 

Meanwhile, what about these information with your computer connected to the main router directly?

How to check IP and gateway: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Netgear extender into powerline 'no internet' problem
2019-07-01 13:33:38

What is the model number of the Netgear extender and TP-Link power adapters?
EX6120 Netgear AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
tp-link Av600 (TL-PA4022P) 

You said you plug the extender into the powerline via ethernet cable, do you configure the extender as an access point? 
No. The tp-link powerline has two ports. One is going directly into an Android box and works fine. I am plugging the wi-fi extender into the other port.
I'm not configuring anything - I'm not sure how I would do this.

When the internet crashes, with your device connected to the TP-Link powerline adapters, what is the IP and gateway?
Not sure. The icon in my task bar displays 'no internet access'. I spoke to my ISP when it first happened and they could see it was down. 

Like I said in the OP - both items work fine indiviually, but everything stops the momment the wi-fi extener is plugged into the powerline's second port.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Netgear extender into powerline 'no internet' problem
2019-07-02 03:38:07

Hi,

As far as I know, the extender will connect to the existing network by wireless to extend the wifi range, if you connect the Netgear extender to the 4022 by ethernet cable, it should work as an access point. Regarding to this, it is suggested to contact Netgear's tech support to get some help cause they are more professional about their products. 

Meanwhile, the IP address and gateway you get from the 4022, the Netgear extender and the main router are important when internet crashes. Please take screenshots of these pictures. 

Note: How to check IP and gateway: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2142

Replies: 3