TL-WPA4220T - Powerline - No Powerline connection to new Sky Hub Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-02 06:45:34
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there, my first post! Grateful for any help.

I have the above kit. It was previously connected to a Sky router which worked well. From memory, I had to update the adapters to make it work a while ago but after that, it worked really well. Small adapter connected to router, two larger units upstairs in my house.

Now, I have a new Sky Hub and have tried to recreate the same network but it doesnt work.

I plug in the ethernet cable into the adapter from the router as before. The power light works, as does the ethernet light...but not the powerline light.

I have taken all adapters out of the circuit around the house and reset them all. I have also checked that the ethernet port works on the router (it does) and checked that the LAN port still works on the initial small adapter, it does.

Interestingly, I have tried to just use the adapters as Wi-Fi extenders connected using a simple WPS connection rather than powerline. That doesnt seem to work because when I go upstairs, the wifi strength is good but it says 'No internet connection' in iPhone Wi-Fi menu.

Any help gratefully received! Thank you

Options
5 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220T - Powerline - No Powerline connection to new Sky Hub Router
2019-07-02 08:36:55

Hi,

The current powerline lights off means that you need pair them first. 

Please move them into the same room and plug them into the wall sockets directly, after that, please follow the instruction below to pair them via the pair button. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/258/

Note: You do not have to use the WPS button.

If you wanna customize the wireless settings, you can use the utility to do that. Below is the instruction:https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

Or you can use the tpPLC utility to pair them: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1615/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:TL-WPA4220T - Powerline - No Powerline connection to new Sky Hub Router
2019-07-02 08:44:41

Thank you for your reply.

However, surely to pair them, the router needs to be connected to the power lines by the smaller of the three adapters as I have done before? This adapter is just next to my router.

Then I pair the larger adapters (in the same room) with the smaller adapter? Is that not right?

Thank you

Options
Re:Re:Re:TL-WPA4220T - Powerline - No Powerline connection to new Sky Hub Router
2019-07-03 00:47:46

Yep, move them into the same room, connect the smaller unit  to the main router by ethernet cable and then use the pair button to pair them, or you can refer to the instruction mentioned on last reply. 

After that, please check whether the powerline led comes on and if you can get internet.

If still the same, please check the IP and gateway of your computer/cellphone with it connected to the TP-Link powerline adapters. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:TL-WPA4220T - Powerline - No Powerline connection to new Sky Hub Router
2019-07-03 06:36:25

Thank you. Just to check, you mean the pair the larger ones to the smaller one rather than the smaller one to the router?
I should just be able to connect to the smaller one to the router and the Powerline light comes on?
I wasn’t sure I had to pair the small one to the router if that is what you mean...thought it was plug and play and you just pair the large to small (in same room) thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TL-WPA4220T - Powerline - No Powerline connection to new Sky Hub Router
2019-07-04 02:54:25

alright, what I mean is that please move the powerline adapters into the same room first and plug them into to the wall sockets. 

And connect the powerline adapter which does not have wireless function to the main router by wired cable.

Then you can pair them. It does not matter which unit you press the pair button first. Just follow the instruction to pair them. 

After that, you can check whether the powerline led (house led) comes on and whether you can access internet.

Hope I make myself clear. 

Options