Deco M9 Plus parental controls; how to white-list a URL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus parental controls; how to white-list a URL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
31 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus parental controls; how to white-list a URL
2020-10-31 19:08:19

@Kevin_Z 

Please add WHITELIST!!!!  without whitelist, your PC feature is basically useless.  Also you need to add more categories.  The category ADULT includes waaaaay too much stuff. I want to filter out p0rn, but NOT filter out tobacco, alcohol, or g@mbling.    If you look at Trend Micro, they DO distinguish these categories, so why can't you put that in the Deco?

Also, I don't see any way to filter out VPN sites.  Seriously? if I can't filter VPN then all the other filters are pretty much useless.

john

Options
2020-11-08 17:31:19

@JohnHenckel 

What is the timeline for this feature update? The original request is a year old and still not included.

Options
2020-11-30 19:09:52
Thank you for the update. Like the earlier commenters, I urge you to prioritize fixing this issue. We discovered today that the child profile was blocking access to Zoom—a major problem during these times of remote school.
Options
2020-12-03 15:40:51

@MarkPayne My teen's profile has been blocking Zoom, WHY??? And why can't I whitelist it, this basic feature has been requested for over a year!

Options
2020-12-11 05:54:24

Please include this feature. I like the app but the restrictions are worthless without the ability to whitelist!

Options
2020-12-11 13:02:24
Hello, TP-Link team, you must definitely offer the whitelist option. It is not a "good to have", it is a "must have" for sure. Hoping you can offer it soon.
Options
2021-01-02 19:34:06

@TP-Link_Deco 

Parental controls is blocking the virus scanner from updating on my daughter's laptop and there seems to be no way to get that working and also have parental controls.

And this is all because for more than a year a whitelisting feature isn't available. It's such an obvious thing to have. Why is it taking so long to provide something that should really be available out of the box on v1 of any parental controls feature?

Options
2021-02-09 14:21:08

We need this feature, without it is almost useless the firewall because we need to allow everything for login in school sites

Options
2021-03-01 15:02:14

@Kevin_Z  Is there an update on this.  This has been a request for a while.  This is a great product but without a simple feature that every router should have.  

Options
2021-03-18 22:05:04

Dear TP-Link!

This problem is getting serious! I've changed my Internet Service Provider recently. Today I got my first invoice from the new ISP, and I got shocked that when I click the link "Pay my invoice" in Gmail, the website of the ISP, where I could pay, is blocked.

At first, I thought the link is bad. But on my phone, I can reach the site (with Wifi off).Finally I found out that when I turn off Deco M9's "Malicious Content Filter" function, the ISP's site becomes available. It's ridiculous!

My God why should be an ISP's website be blocked as malicious ???

And the best joke is: as I've read, the Deco gets it's untrusted list from Trend Micro, right? 

Trend Micro has a surface to check whether a website is trusted - in their opinion : https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/result.php

And this says: giganet is trusted. But nothing loads when i try to load the Giganet's page.

My ISP is: Giganet (Hungary) www.giganet.hu

Router: Deco M9 Plus

Both of them run with firmware: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 75286

It was a quite expensive router pack (pack of 2), my wife just....

So, I hope you can tell me how to reach my ISP's site (https://www.giganet.hu), or I will have to forward my invoices to TP-Link to get them paid for me.

Greetings,

aurelius

Options