Slow wired download speed but wifi is okay

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-08 10:15:14
Model: Archer VR600v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.0.0.9.1 v0078.0

Hi guys.

I have a VR600v modem router and aussie broadband nbn(cable)

when I test the internet speed with wifi it is all good appx 50mbs download and over 10mpb upload..

But when I connected it with wire lan cable via powerline adpater or not download speed under 1mpbs....  but upload is okay..

Thing is I used same lan cable and powerline adapter with optus.. and is was okay...

but I changed it with tplink modem router this things happen.

Powerline adpater is also tplink one(TL-PA411)

Is there any hardware or software issue with this modem router?

I can see the other brand router has a simillar issue from the other forum but I can not find solution.

hopefully, I can find a solution from here.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow wired download speed but wifi is okay
2019-07-09 05:51:35

@marcellius 

Generally speaking, the wired speed won't be lower than the wifi speed; we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

1. With computer connected to the VR600V bypass the PA411, what is the wired speed you can get? Please show us a picture of it. 

2. Please refer to the following instruction to check the wired negotiation speed: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Note: The steps are the same, only you need right click on ethernet connection/local area connection. 

3. Meanwhile, to do a comparison analysis, please connect computer --PA411--VR600V to test the speed you can get from the PA411. 

Note: Please check the wired negotiation speed as well. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 738

Replies: 1