Sky Q settings and reconnection to tplink settings gone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-08 17:02:55 - last edited 2019-07-09 08:22:45
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have added the Archer VR2800 to my Sky Q network and disconnected the Sky Q wireless signal for both 2.4 and 5 ghz.The plan is for the Sky Q router to still run the Sky Q boxes as the main box is cabled and i will cable the mini boxes soon) and anything else that has been cabled (TV's) will still use the Sky Q router.

Before I connected the Archer I disconnected the DCHP sever on the Archer. I am pleased to say the TP link is up and running but I find I can't get to the TP Link management page to change any settings - i want to change user name and password, plus set up the guest mode etc.

I spoke to the TPLink help line and he suggested speaking to Sky and changing the router to modem only mode but I have found out you can't disable it.

Any ideas how to do this?.

So far I have only connected my laptop and mobile to the Archer but it does work. The only other thing I'd like to change is that I currently have two networks showing (2.4 and 5 ghz) and it would be simpler if they worked toegter rather than having to choose which but I am assuing i can do that in teh settings page if i ever manage to get that back!

Thanks for any advice.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Sky Q settings and reconnection to tplink settings gone
2019-07-09 10:45:48

@JamesCannings 

James, you mentioned that you disabled the DHCP server of the Archer VR2800, so I wanna know do you configure it as an access point? 

If so, cause the DHCP server is disabled, we need use its own IP address to login; it should be assigned manually by your own when it works as an access point. 

Or if you use dynamic IP, you can login to the web interface of the Sky Q router first and get the IP address of VR2800 and use it to access it. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1176

Replies: 1

Related Articles