Archer C9 doesn't allow wireless clients to connect after reboot.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-15 09:02:21
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 190403

Since the latest update some months ago when I reboot the router the wireless clients can't connect anymore.

The router is in AP mode, connected via wire to a normal port to a TP-Link AC750 which provides internet. DHCP and gateway is correctly configured.

Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz are enabled on both routers and the network name and passwords are the same for both frequencies in both routers.

All the wireless settings are the default ones.

The wireless roaming works perfectly on all client devices when configured, but when I power off everything and start again the clients won't connect to the Archer C9, I have to manually disable the wireless on the C9 with the corresponding area coverage loss.

Does someone have a solution other than a firmware downgrade?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer C9 doesn't allow wireless clients to connect after reboot.
2019-07-15 17:50:25
I would try different names for each of the SSIDs.
Options
2019-07-16 02:23:08

@Cristian2 

Did you change the operatoin mode of C9 to access point mode and connect the WAN/Blue port to the main router to get internet? 

Have you ever tried to change a different network name for the 2 routers to do a comparison test? What happened after that? 

Options
Re:Re:Archer C9 doesn't allow wireless clients to connect after reboot.
2019-07-16 06:39:33

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I had the router working connecting the WAN to internet. Then I changed it to AP mode wired to the other router to extend the range around the house.

Shortly after that change there was the latest FW upgrade and the problem started appearing.

Yesterday I downgraded the FW and I will test the again if the issue is reproduced.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C9 doesn't allow wireless clients to connect after reboot.
2019-07-17 06:46:18

@Cristian2 

Thanks for your reply. 

You can take your time to test its performance, any further problem, just let us know. 

Options
2020-02-22 12:20:44

@Cristian2 I have the same problem. I have the router in AP mode and after restart,n no wifi client can connect to the router anymore. It says "Authentication problem". I know for sure this is a problem because it happens quite often after I reboot the router. Please fix it. Thank you.

Options
2020-02-22 15:35:57

@GeorgeDad 

In the end my only solution was to configure the C9 as a normal router and to have 2 different networks, a little bit of a hassle because the wifi clients don't roam correctly. No fix from TPLink.

Options
2020-02-22 15:38:46

@Cristian2 That's sad. Really sad ... I don't want to do that. TP-Link should fix it ASAP.

Options
2020-05-08 17:55:12 - last edited 2020-05-08 18:37:21

I also have same issue in ap mode. The only fix i found is to connect by ethernet and login to admin page then disable and reenable wifi. Wifi works after that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2207

Replies: 8