Connecting TL-ANT2415D external antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-15 12:48:28
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am going to attach TP-LINK TL-ANT2415D antenna into TL-WA901ND (v4) WiFi Access Point. Does it make any difference which one of the 3 available antenna connectors in the back panel I will use ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting TL-ANT2415D external antenna
2019-07-16 02:12:16

@Porssimies 

The TL-WA901ND is an indoor access point, while the TL-ANT2415D is an outdoor antenna, which works with the outdoor devices usually. 

And we do not suggest you to replace one of the antenna, it may have some reduction on the performance. 

Options
Re:Re:Connecting TL-ANT2415D external antenna
2019-07-16 04:03:02 - last edited 2019-07-16 04:27:13

Kevin_Z wrote

@Porssimies 

The TL-WA901ND is an indoor access point, while the TL-ANT2415D is an outdoor antenna, which works with the outdoor devices usually. 

And we do not suggest you to replace one of the antenna, it may have some reduction on the performance. 

The point was to keep the TL-WA901ND located indoor and then put this antenna outdoor so the devices located outdoor will get a better signal.

The performance is not an issue because my 4G connection is limited to 50M and the number of WiFi clients is low and do not interact with each other. Or will there be some other kind of issues than bandwidth/delay ?

I got the idea to combine different kind of antennas from this youtube video where it seems to work just fine. The video didn't use TL-WA901ND so this is why I am goin to do some tests first but would like to know does it make any difference which one of the 3 antenna connectors I should use for the outdoor antenna ?

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 836

Replies: 2