Problem to extend wireless network on TP-LINK Touch P5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-15 18:54:44 - last edited 2019-07-16 02:01:01
Model: Touch P5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20151013 Rel. 35527

I just need help - I have TP-LINK Touch P5 WiFi Router and all work fine. I have PPPoE internet connection, its very fast.

Now I want to add my Apple AirPort Extreme 5th gen. to extend existing wifi network in my home. Everything I done like before, woth other routers, but Apple AirPort Extreme wont to extend TP-LINK wifi network. Why that ? I just select existing SSID name from a drop-list, enter correct password and nothing - AirPort Extreme wrote that he cant extend TP-LINK wifi network.

Can someone help me with that issue ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problem to extend wireless network on TP-LINK Touch P5
2019-07-16 02:33:00

@Tale   

I'm afraid that there is not much we can do cause we are not familiar with it. 

It is suggested to contact the tech support of the Apple to get some suggestion, they are more professional about their products. 

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Problem to extend wireless network on TP-LINK Touch P5
2019-07-16 08:31:30

Thanks anyway,

I am using Apple before, and very successfully work wifi entending with AirPort Express, but wont with AirPort Extreme 5th gen. I dont understand why. Tech support from Apple redirect me to TP-LINK issue ?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Problem to extend wireless network on TP-LINK Touch P5
2019-07-17 06:57:43

@Tale 

Not sure whether there is any special settings need to be done on the AirPort Extreme 5th gen cause the AirPort Express works fine. 

You can contact Apple tech support to get some help first. 

Or you can swap these 2 routers to do a comparison test. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1570

Replies: 3