Adding more adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Adding more adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Adding more adapters
Adding more adapters
2019-07-17 06:27:44
Model: TL-PA9020 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I've been using a pair of TL-PA9020 with no issues. I just bought a 2nd set, tried to add a 3rd adapter into the network, the entire network (wired & wifi) falls apart. I paired the new adapter with the original pair, it shows up on Utility app. 

My setup:

Modem/Router (Also connected to Ubiquiti AP) --> Powerline Adapter 1 --> Powerline adapter 2 (Also connected to Desktop Computer) --> Powerline adapter 3 (Also connected to 2nd Ubiquiti AP)

Adding that 3rd adapter, which I plan on adding the 2nd AP on, fails. I don't think it's the AP causing the issues, because the network craps out as soon as the 3rd adapter is plugged in. 

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Adding more adapters
2019-07-17 11:35:14

@Krypton11 

What is the light status of the powerline adapters when the internet crashed? Are they all TL-PA9020?

At that time, can you get internet with computer connected to the main router? Please click here to check the IP and gateway of your computer.

Meanwhile, please connect to the 3rd adapter directly to check the IP and gateway also. Please show us a screenshot of it. 

Have you tried to swap the locations among the 3 adapters to do a comparison analysis. 

Options
Re:Re:Adding more adapters
2019-07-17 15:55:51

Thanks Kevin, I *think* I've isolated the issue. When I plug in the 3rd adapter, everything is fine. Once I plug in a device, in this case my ubiquiti AP, the whole network falls apart. Not sure why that is. I'll try it again with another computer or something to see if the same thing is happening.

What is the light status of the powerline adapters when the internet crashed? Are they all TL-PA9020?

Lights are all on and they are all TL-PA9020.

At that time, can you get internet with computer connected to the main router? Please click here to check the IP and gateway of your computer.

Yes, I can get internet from the main router (pre any connection to the adapters). The other devices says connected, but no internet.

Meanwhile, please connect to the 3rd adapter directly to check the IP and gateway also. Please show us a screenshot of it. 

Have you tried to swap the locations among the 3 adapters to do a comparison analysis. 

Tried swapping, no change.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Adding more adapters
2019-07-22 07:02:20

@Krypton11 

When you plug in the 3rd adapter, please connect your 2nd ubiquiti AP to the powerline adapters with 1st AP disconnected, then please check whether the network works fine. 

Try to swap the locations of 2 ubiquiti APs to check whether you can reproduce the problem when you add the 2nd AP. 

Besides, please ensure that there is no IP conflict between the 2 ubiquiti APs, if possible,you can setup static IP for them and test whether they work properly. 

Meanwhile, with the 3rd adapter plugged in, please change another wired device, like computer to test whether the whole network will fall apart. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 886

Replies: 3

Related Articles