Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
580 Reply
2.4ghz still not work I try latest beta and latest stable
2021-06-25 09:02:37

@NarenderModi 

What's the model number please, is it Archer C6 or A6? What kind of troubleshooting have you done to try to fix the issue? Please ensure you tried to disable the Onemesh on the router when updating to the beta firmware we provided.

NarenderModi wrote

@Kevin_Z  hello sir i try both latest beta and stable but same problem 2.4ghz internet gone but 5ghz work fine why it take so much to fix router main feature 

Options
2021-06-25 10:42:12

@Kevin_Z I confirm this behavior. Yesterday I've updated to the beta that you've provided and today 2.4GHz stopped working. My OneMesh was disabled since yesterday immediately after update so it is not affecting. I had to disable and enable 2.4GHz band to get connection. 5GHz worked all this time without issue. However, I've noticed that 5GHz "Sent Packets" numbers are missing in wireless statistics, but it is in several last versions of firmware.

Hardware version: Archer A6 V.2
Software version: 1.3.6 Build 20201030 rel.60104(4555)

Operation mode: Router

Options
2021-06-26 09:50:46

@Kevin_Z  Archer c6 Eu 2.0 

Options
2021-06-28 03:00:47

@NarenderModi  @Wetterhahn

Thank you both for reporting the issue again. 

Can you please confirm again that when the 2.4G disconnects from the internet, are all the 2.4G clients still showing connected to the network, or they just quit the connection? 

How many wireless devices connect to the 2.4G network? What are they? What are the 5G devices?

Options
2021-06-28 07:01:28

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, 2.4GHz devices connections were all dropped. However 2.4G is still visible but it is not allowing to connect. Devices are trying to reconnect with no luck. Client just say "lost connection: extensive data loss" and then, when they try to reconnect they get "failed to connect... authentification timeout" error.

I have around 10 to 15 devices in total, but to 2.4G there are no more than 6 connected at the same time. Most of them random smartphones, a few laptops, one Mikrotik hAP Lite as client and one TL-WR902AC is connected to 5GHz in client mode. hAP Lite and WR902AC are connected 24/7, other devices are randomly connecting at daytime mostly.

Also I have an opened guest network on both bands. Devices are connecting to both opened and encrypted SSID and when 2.4G fails - opened network also drops all of the clients connections.

Options
2021-06-28 07:13:14

@Wetterhahn 

Hi, to locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
Re:Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores
2021-06-29 21:42:30

@Kevin_Z 

I seem to have the same type of error with 2.4G on Archer A20 v1.0 US with the latest stable firmware version: 1.1.1 Build 20191026 rel.10453(5553)

Basically, the 2.4G Wi-Fi spot loses internet connection from time to time, whereas 5G is okay all the time.

Is there also some beta firmware version for my router that could potentially solve this issue?

Options
2021-06-30 02:50:50

@pyXelr 

We'd better make the issue clear first, then we can check if we have beta firmware or solutions for it.

Please confirm when the 2.4G stops working, are you able to see it on the devices? Can you connect it back? How did you recover the connection?

Try to modify the wireless settings on the router, such as wireless channel, channel width, and security, you can check the guide below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/722/

How many wireless devices connect to the 2.4G network? What are they?

When did you purchase the router? Does the issue happen when you first purchased it, or it occurs recently? You can also try to reset the router to factory defaults then reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again if the issue persists.

Options
2021-06-30 09:34:45

@Kevin_Z 

1. When 2.4G stops working, I confirm that I can still see it on the list of devices and connect to it; however, I will not have an internet connection. In such case, my smartphone shows an exclamation mark (!) next to the Wi-Fi signal icon if it's connected to 2.4G. Of course, the same problem appears on my laptop devices.
  2. I can solve it by restarting the router or ignore the error and connect to a 5G network.
  3. Thanks for the channel guide, I will give it a try. For now, my ISP modem/router is on the channels 2-6, and the TP-Link router 2.4G is on 7-11 channels (through an "auto" channel and channel width option). Generally, the ISP modem/router is required to accept the fiber-optic cable, and then pass the connection to my TP-Link router through an Ethernet cable. Unproblematic 5G_1 is on 42-46 channels and 5G_2 around 149 channel.
  4. Usually, there are around 4-6 wireless devices connected to the network (1-3 laptops and 1-3 smartphones).
  5. The router was purchased around 2018/2019 from Amazon.com
  6. I started using the router from 2021, and it seemed to be a problem since the beginning.
  7. Maybe I will give a factory reset a try.
Options
2021-06-30 11:02:03

May I just point out that this thread (and therefore the issue) has been running for very nearly two years now and has not been fixed.

Personally I have given up and made alternate arrangements and, while I am still using bits of TP-Link kit that I have, will be avoiding buying any more in the future.

Options
Related Articles