Connection Routing Management

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-19 13:16:49
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm using 3 powerline adapter.

The main adapter is connected to the DSL box.

The second adapter is in the first floor.

The third adapter is in the ground floor.

If I use the main and the second adapter only -or- I use the main and the third adapter only - the bandwith is OK.

But if I use the all three adapter together the bandwidth goes down. It looks like that the reason is, that the second adapter connects to the third adapter also, like a mesh.

Is there a way to configure the peerings between the adapter?

Or to ask in another way: Is there a way to configure a hub and spoke infrastrukture instead of a mesh infrastrucutre?

Thanks a lot,

Jado

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connection Routing Management
2019-07-22 06:40:04

@jado 

What is the model number of your powerline adapters? 

What is the led status of them? 

Please download the tpPLC utility to check the powerline rate among the 3 powerline adapters. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/ 

Besides, regarding to the speed issue, you can click here to do some troubleshooting first. 

Options
Re:Re:Connection Routing Management
2019-07-22 08:49:22

Hello Kevin_Z!

Model numbers:

• 2x TL-PA9020P (KIT)
  • 1x TL-WPA8630P

If I use 2 adapters only the LED status is green.

If I use 3 adapters the LED status is yellow/red.

I'm using tpPLC utility and it points out that the powerline rate is too low.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Connection Routing Management
2019-07-23 01:06:45

@jado 

Have you ever tried to use one TL-PA9020P and a TL-WPA8630P unit? With 2 units paired, what is the powerline link rate between them, and what is the light status?

Please show us a screenshot of the tpPLC utility page which shows the powerline link rate among the 3 units. 

Try to swap their locations to give it a go and test whether the powerline link rate become higher. 

Or you can change another power sockets to plug them. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date, which you can verify with the tpPLC utility as well. 

Besides, what is the bandwidth you paid for your ISP, and what is the speed you can get from the powerline adapters? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 3