Adult content filtering on Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-20 14:00:07
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I just got a Deco M4 kit and cannot get the parental control filtered content to work i.e. when I select "teen" (or any of the others), I can still watch as much adult content as any teenager would want.

The other parental controls seem to work ok i.e. time limits etc. The websitesite blocking is a joke e.g. if I block www.youtube.com, it does work but the Youtube app still works!!

I can put up with some the failings of this rather expensive system but the adult content must be blocked. Any ideas?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Adult content filtering on Deco M4
2019-07-21 06:37:11

@podge3 

The adult content is blocked by default if you choose Teen level, please ensure whether this device has been added into parental control list. 

Meanwhile the Deco M4 can only block websites, with www.youtube.com blocked, the Youtube app will still work. While if we add “Youtube” on M5/M9, the App would fail to connect to Internet and you won't be allowed to send/receive messages.

Options
Re:Re:Adult content filtering on Deco M4
2019-07-21 12:04:07

Hi Kevin & thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've tried to add several devices at teen level in parental controls and none are blocked from adult content.

I'm not too worried about Youtube, it's the adult content I need to block.

Options
Re:Re:Adult content filtering on Deco M4
2020-02-27 10:09:54

@podge3 

I have the same problem. Adult content filter doesn't works. I set the filter for a device and can access tons of adult pages. Just test one of them, randomly and you will access without any problem. Adult content filter is a joke.

Options
Re:Adult content filtering on Deco M4
2020-05-29 10:57:25

Hello,

Same for me, I also added adult filtering on a couple of devices but it does not work, they still show up. Only the ones I added manually work so it definitelly seems to be a serious bug.

Also would be nice to have to possibility to filter this content for all the devices at once, for the entire wifi.

Please fix this.

Mkl

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 4039

Replies: 4