Linked Deco Unavailable for current firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Linked Deco Unavailable for current firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
53 Reply
Re:Linked Deco Unavailable for current firmware
2021-05-24 08:26:22

@AsadulHuq 

Hi, can I have some pictures that'' Linked Deco Unavailable for current firmware''?

What are the model number as well as the operating system of the Samsung phones?

Please try to turn off the Mesh technology on the  Samsung phones to have a look;

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-05-26 17:49:31

@TP-Link I get the same error message as everyone else in this thread on one of 3 P9s when running Deco on an Iphone XR. Interestingly, the third P9 gets its signal not from the equidistant cabled P9, but from this one that uses powerline.

Options
Re:Re:Linked Deco Unavailable for current firmware
2021-05-30 16:10:23

@Dagster I also see same message. 

Options
2021-07-20 02:18:14

@Dagster I have the same issue on a Samsung QLED TV. 

Options
2021-07-21 07:00:01

@Irishguy65 

Hi, For the Samsung QLED TV, Did you mean this:

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1.turn off the Mesh Technology on the TV;

2.turn off the fast roaming on the Deco APP;

Options
2021-10-24 18:34:43 - last edited 2021-10-24 18:50:54

@Dagster   I have the same issue.  I have an M4R main unit and two M3W's for extenders.  Whenever I look to see which device anything is connected to, if it is not hooked up to the main unit it tells me that the deco Deco it's connected to isn't available for the current firmware.  Which, when I go to do "update", says it's up to date for both the main unit (1.4.3 20200818 rel 74289) and for the M3W's 1.0.7 build 20210106  rel 65993)

Further, only one device in the entire house doesn't indicate it is connected to the main unit.  One device which is probably 35+ ft from the main unit through two walls and a floor, and about 5 feet from an extender right on the other side of an interior wall ... is connecting to the main unit.  I have an IP security camera which is literally the farthest device from the main unit (60+ ft), through the floor, 3 interior walls, and one exterior wall ... the app ALSO says its connected to the main unit.  There is an extender about 15 feet away from it through one exterior wall it could be connecting to, AND the app shows the device has a weak connection.

Something is clearly wrong.  Yet the app assures me when I test them that the extenders are working well.

So there are apparently 2 issues.  1) I should be able to tell which node a device is connected to, and 2) some of these devices should clearly be connecting to other nodes.

I should also be able to tell through the app what the strength of the signal it's getting from the other devices.  Also, there should be something in the app that allows me to look at devices by unit.  Not one-by-one by checking each device in the device list.

Options
2021-10-24 19:04:50
Update: I *think* the security camera has finally connected to one of the extenders (though I still can't tell which one because if the "unavailable for current firmware" message). You'd still think the phone in the studio would be connecting to the extender that is only 5 ft away from it.
Options
2021-10-24 21:43:42 - last edited 2021-10-24 21:44:45

@flipster Ok this is interesting.  Took my phone outside the front of the house, which is where the security camera is.  Farthest away from the base unit, 60+ feet and through several walls.  My phone said it was hooked up to the main unit.  It did not have a full signal.  I walked away from the house and watched it drop and drop. 

So I decided to try a test.  I turned wi-fi off on the phone.   Turned it back on a few minutes later, and it came back with a full signal.  I walked another 30 feet to the mailbox and *still* had 2 "bars".

In the device list, it STILL said it was connected to the base unit.  There is no way it was connected to the base unit with that strong a signal out front.  It had to have connected to the W3 at the front of the house.

So whatever part of the code that figures out what you are connected to has some serioius flaws, I think. 

The camera itself no longer says it is connected to the base unit, only that that information is "unavailable for current firmware".  But its signal is all the way up at 5 bars, so my guess is it is connected to the unit at the front of the house.

Very frustrating not to have this tool giving me the information I want.

Options
2021-10-26 08:13:05

@flipster 

Hi, the current firmware(1.0.7) of Deco M3W does not support displaying the linked Deco and connected clients, and later a new firmware would be released to support this feature.

And as for the second issue that devices are not always connected to the nearest Deco, you could have a look at this link:

Why my clients don't roam/connect to the nearest Deco node?

And you could try to turn off the Mesh technology on the Deco APP for these devices to have a look.

Options
2021-10-26 12:43:08

@TP-Link 

Hmmm.  When I first got them the M3's WERE able report which devices were connected to them.  I guess that broke with an update somewhere along the line.

Disabling mesh for a particular device seems to be the smart way to go about the ones I'm talking about, especially the camera.  It doesn't move.  I think when I set it up it connected to the main unit and just kept trying to connect to it even after I installed it. The others all seem to have good enough signals from the main unit -- although I will say that when I first got this system it seems that different devices did choose the deco one would think it would choose by location (I could tell, because they reported it correctly).

The reason I started looking recently is the camera kept getting disconnected and I saw it usually had a very weak signal.  Which is why it's really good to know which its connecting to.

The rest I don't really care as long as they have a good signal.

I have the whole system set to auto-update firmware.  So I should see it when it comes along.

I hope it's relatively soon.

Options
Related Articles