M5 intermittent connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-21 21:50:06
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20190617 Rel. 47476

Hello everyone,

I am going to provide as much detail as possible and I appologise in advance if some of the troubleshooting steps I've done are pointless, but I am now out of ideas.

The problem is that I am getting an intermitant connection on all 3x Windows 10 desktop computers. My Android and iOS devices don't seem to be to bad, but it has happened before.

I have 2x chromecasts (Gen 2 & Gen 3) which both seem to be working fine.

The Deco is connected to a NowTV Hub 2 router with WiFi dissabled. No other settings have been changed on the NowTV Hub 2.

I have 3x Deco M5 connected all running on the latest firmware 1.3.1 Build 20190617 Rel. 47476 and all have a solid Green Light.

At first setup, everything seemed fine for like an hour or two, but then the intermitant connections started to happen.

On the previous firmware, I also had what appeared to be a guest network active and open (i.e not secured) despite the guest option being disabled. This doesn't seem to be a problem anymore with the latest firmware.

All Windows 10 PC's have all the latest updates and the latest version of Bitdefender Total Security.

I have tried to following things to resolve the issues, not neccassarily in this order and some tried multiple times:

• Firmware update for all 3 Deco's
  • Tried various troubleshooting options given by Window 10
  • Disabled Bitdefender Firewall & anti-virus
  • Uninstalled Bitdefender
  • Disabled Windows Firewall & anti-virus
  • Reset network on Windows
  • Installed latest WiFi driver on PC
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled WiFi driver
  • Disabled Antivirus on Deco
  • Set QoS to standard
  • Removed all device priorities
  • Manually Set Total Bandwidth to a slightly higher amount than I am actually getting
  • Turned off 2.4 Ghz
  • Turned 2.4Ghz back on and tried turning off 5Ghz
  • Checked nothing is in Blacklist
  • Parental Controls are disabled
  • Tried Operating Mode as "Router" and "Access Point" both give same issue
  • VLAN disabled
  • IPTV disabled
  • MAC Clone disabled
  • No address reservations
  • No port forwarding
  • TP-Link DDNS disabled
  • SIP ALG Enabled
  • Fast Roaming currently disabled (did try both and was still having same issue)
  • Beamforming currently disabled (did try both and was still having same issue)
  • IPv6 Disabled
  • IPv4 set as Dynamic IP and Obtain DNS automatically is enabled
  • Tried hard reset of each Deco and setting everything back up again

On my PC, the USB WiFi stick (TP-Link Archer T3U), keeps disconnecting as a device. What I mean by this is that I hear the sound from Windows that the device has been unplugged and plugged back in again. And sometimes the WiFi will just disconnect within seconds and not get physcally ejected from the PC.

If I connect to my NowTV Hub 2, or my Fritzbox (currently dissconnected), everything works fine as it should, albiet a bit slower, hence the reason of getting the Deco M5.

So what am I missing? Why am I getting an intermitant connection? I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks for reading!

Options
2 Reply
Re:M5 intermittent connection
2019-07-24 09:34:44

@n00blit 

What are the model numbers of the network adapters used by the 3 Windows 10 PC? Are they all Archer T3U?

How did you install the driver? Download it from the official website?

Have you tried to change another USB port to plug the adapter to do a comparison analysis?

Meanwhile, with the 3 computers connected to the Deco network by ethernet cable, is it stable? 

Besides, how do you connect these devices together? By wired cable or by wireless? 

Have you ever tried to change the NowTV hub as bridge mode and configure the Deco as main router to give it a go? 

Options
Re:Re:M5 intermittent connection
2019-07-24 10:03:28 - last edited 2019-07-24 21:18:22

@Kevin_Z 

What are the model numbers of the network adapters used by the 3 Windows 10 PC? Are they all Archer T3U?

Yes, I just bought the 3 adapters. When I connect to the NowTV Hub 2, they all work fine, just a bit slow because of the weak signal, hence the reason of getting the Deco M5.

How did you install the driver? Download it from the official website?

Got it from the TP-Link site

Have you tried to change another USB port to plug the adapter to do a comparison analysis?

Yes, tried multiple ports

Meanwhile, with the 3 computers connected to the Deco network by ethernet cable, is it stable?

Connecting by ethernet to the Deco works fine, no problems at all, but I can't do this with all the computers

Besides, how do you connect these devices together? By wired cable or by wireless?

Everything at home is connected by WiFi, nothing is connected by ethernet.

Have you ever tried to change the NowTV hub as bridge mode and configure the Deco as main router to give it a go?

NowTV don't provide you with a username & password for the internet. I can get into the admin GUI, but I can't swap out the router for another because I don't have the username & password.

Options