Parental Control - Blocking All Internet Access -

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-21 23:03:52 - last edited 2019-07-23 07:20:05
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0076.0 Build 170919 Rel.61201n

Hello Support,

As you can see I have a TD-W9970 and a problem/issue with settting restrictions with Parental Control.

I have tried to set up parental control following the manual provided.

I have first set a MAC Address of the parental PC and clicked Save.

I have selected the MAC address of the hardware I wish to restrict internet access to at certain times of the night.

I encountered an issue that the hardware (a television) was restricted all internet access at all times, not the desired times I selected.

To test this I set up the below parameters (see screenshots) and tried both set ups, and also allowed the hardware access to two sites (wikipedia and tplink). Both attempts were not successful as both parameters completely blocked the internet from the hardware (TV) from using.

It is necessary to block the MAC addresses of hardware connected to my network via ethernet and wireless. 

I do not wish to provide static IPs for any hardware. As this was not highlighted when purchasing the router/modem I do not desire it as an answer.

I have provided two screenshots below, and have protected the MAC address I selected with XX.XX.XX.XX.XX.XX and pixelating for security protection and giving details over the internet. 

Example 1. I have censored the MAC address.

Example 2. I have censored the MAC address.

Please reply with suggestions or fixes in order to set correct parameters so that I can create a time where the hardware is restricted access to the internet. I need to block via MAC Addresses and do not wish to set up a schedule to turn off the wifi or ethernet completely, however if this is the only option I will have to do this. I have already set up a schedule to turn off the wifi at certain times anyway, so in the last resort I would be asking for a schedule to turn off the ethernet too at certain times. If the Parental Controls issue I am facing cannot be fixed.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Parental Control - Blocking All Internet Access - -Solution
2019-07-22 02:49:57 - last edited 2019-07-23 07:20:05

@User7856 

Try to use access control to restrict internet access to at certain time at night.

Click here to get the instruction to setup access control. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental Control - Blocking All Internet Access - -Solution
2019-07-22 02:49:57 - last edited 2019-07-23 07:20:05

@User7856 

Try to use access control to restrict internet access to at certain time at night.

Click here to get the instruction to setup access control. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Parental Control - Blocking All Internet Access -
2019-07-22 07:32:01 - last edited 2019-07-22 07:32:53

Thank you Kevin, That was a fast reply. I appreciate you taking the time to help me address this situation. I followed the instructions, you suggested, and now have successfully created a time limit for my intentions, to limit internet access within the television. I've also set up a DNS for clean browsing, something which has been more successful at blocking majority of questionable adult sites than the TP-Link Router Modem purchased.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Parental Control - Blocking All Internet Access -
2019-07-23 07:19:37

@User7856 

You are welcome, glad to help you.

If need more help, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4030

Replies: 3

Related Articles