Bandwidth Control - Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-22 08:45:06
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0076.0 Build 170919 Rel.61201n

Hello,

I find it better to get sound advice from official support rather than risk advice from third party knowledge.

I took a look at Bandwidth Control. Set it up as required and suggested. That was no problem.

However I ran an internet speed test for diagnostic and noticed through tests than just by having Bandwidth Control activated, irrespective of adding a rule, my router is losing 7Mbps of download speed compared to having Bandwidth Control deactivated.

I would have thought just having Bandwidth Control activated would not automatically cause the loss of data. I tried to increase Total Downstream Bandwidth to but will not allow past 40000. 

So a stable 37Mbps is dropping to 30Mbps just by activating Bandwidth Control. What is going on? 

My goal is to limit the Bandwidth of an Xbox to 15Mbps maximum, but if I am losing 7Mbps just through initial set up I hardly see its worth it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bandwidth Control - Issue
2019-07-23 07:02:51

@User7856 

With bandwidth control activated, all the data traffic will be forwarded to the NAT  via the CPU, that is why the speed becomes slow down once you enable it. 

Click here to get the instruction to configure bandwidth control. 

Options