Motion detection saved videofile type jpg ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-22 11:48:59

Hi.

I've set up 2 NC250.

One of them is set up for motion detection from midnight till morning, with app notifikation and mail..

When i log in to the mail to check what has happend during that period. I can se 5 uploads,

Saved as JPG videos ?? There are no still image either as icon or tile of the files..

Funny thing is, when i try to open them, my mobile(Samsung S10+) will use VLC. BUT it cant play them.. OFC.

What to do. No app that i download can play the files...

Warleys 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Motion detection saved videofile type jpg ?
2019-07-23 08:30:22

@Warleys 

Do you use the web UI or the tpCamera app to watch the recordings? 

Meanwhile, JPG is picture format, not video, may I know where did you see the JPG videos? Please show us a picture of it.

Besides, try to use the tpCamera app to watch the motion detection videos. 

Options
Re:Re:Motion detection saved videofile type jpg ?
2019-07-23 10:36:04

Hi Kevin.

As i mentioned. The camera uploads saved videos to my mail account, !

Those videos are saved as JPG.

When i download those videos, or try to open them directly, they can not be played...

Here is the picture that shows the recived videos in the Wrong format..

When i save them to my google drive, and download them from there. Vic opens up in About a half second and vii ses af sin, Because it cant play jpg's..  

AND.

I can not download them directly Because I dont have an app that can play jpg files...

Options
Re:Re:Motion detection saved videofile type jpg ?
2019-07-23 10:57:39

Hi Kevin.

As i mentioned, those videofiles that the camera records and mails to me, are saved AS jpg. Check this. .

Those files should be in another format, i know the difference...

On my phone(Galaxy s10+), the one i use to get the alerts and check my e-mail with, cant download the se files Because I dont have an APP that can PLAY jpg files. But i can send the to my google drive and download from here.. Funny thing is, vlc opens up, but cant play the file, so it closes again within a half a second.

The files cant be played in the tpcamera app.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Motion detection saved videofile type jpg ?
2019-07-24 07:46:13

Strange.. 

Just Saw that the first posting was sent.

It sad that there was missing some info, and it refreshed the page, so everything seemed lost.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Motion detection saved videofile type jpg ?
2019-07-25 10:55:51

@Warleys 

Thanks for your reply. 

What we think is that the programme to open the files was set to video by default, that is why it shows video icon, but it is picture in jpg file actually.

Please download it to your computer and then check its size/capacity.

Then try to open it with Windows photo viewer. 

If still the same, please send us the file saved to us. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 886

Replies: 5