Web GUI missing ability to make changes. Must fix!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-23 02:45:10
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a set of 3 Deco M5’s running the most current firmware.  I have a raspberry PI running PI-Hole on my network to block ads.  This is done via pointing the DNS in the Deco’s towards the Raspberry Pi.  Recently my PI had an issue and stopped working.  This caused my internet to stop completely due to lack of DNS resolution.  Obviously i could not use the Deco APP to log in and change the DNS back due to the internet being down.  I logged into the devices through the web GUI on my computer only to find that the settings could not be changed!  THis is the craziest thing i have ever saw.  If you can not make changes in the web GUI, just do away with it as it is completely USELESS!!  I had to reset my whole network due to this unacceptable programming issue.  A few more times of reconnecting 20+ devices back to a network would make me get a different brand router. Lots of these devices are smart bulbs and plugs and are a PITA to connect.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Web GUI missing ability to make changes. Must fix!
2019-07-23 20:13:10
No input from anyone?
Options
Re:Web GUI missing ability to make changes. Must fix!
2019-07-24 09:13:57

@Jrouse84 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

The main usage of the web UI is to make it easier to update the firmware (manually) and view the whole network map, not much advanced features added yet. We will make it more functional gradually. 

While we have noted that and will remind our R&D team so  that they can work on it.

If need more help, do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks for your support and understanding in advance, good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1117

Replies: 2