More powerline with tpplc

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-25 07:34:01
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have make a local network to connected by TL PA 411and AV600 with an hub and connect it to router.

After a few setting (to PA and AV also) my network is running.

I have 5 PA connected by hub that's connect different network side, and a computer connected to hub and hub to router.

I have try to see the PA connections, but PLC Utility installed in my computer, do not shows all of them, only one connection at time is show and in random way.

Is possible to shows all connection?

And if yes, what can I do?

Best regards,

Sergio

Options
11 Reply
Re:More powerline with tpplc
2019-07-26 06:19:25

@it_sergio 

What are the model numbers of all the powerline adapters? 

We can use the tpPLC utility to manage them. 

You can reset them by holding the reset button for 10s and re-pair them with the tpPLC utility to give it a go.

Click here to get instruction. 

Options
Re:Re:More powerline with tpplc
2019-07-27 15:46:42

Hello kevin,

thanks for your answer.

I have some TL-PA411, TL-PA4010

But an other question is why tpplc is not more searchable.

It is substitute from powerline utility?

Options
Re:Re:Re:More powerline with tpplc
2019-07-29 06:36:23

@it_sergio 

Then the 4 series are good choice, like TL-WPA4220kit, TL-PA4020Pkit or so.

The tpPLC utility is the latest software used to manage the powerline adapters. While cause there are some junior adapters which are old enough, they may not support this utility; 

Instead, we use the powerline utility to pair them. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:More powerline with tpplc
2019-07-29 07:49:05

Yes, this is the utility that I use to manage the tplc 4 series, but my request is to see all the power line that are as the first level.

I have an hub connected to the network by wire and some (at this moment 4) powerline connected to the same hub, powerline that serve different zone with wifi powerline (wpa4220) that share wifi signal.

I whant to connect to all powerline behind the hub.

Sergio

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:More powerline with tpplc
2019-07-30 08:42:55

@it_sergio 

What is the current network topology? How do you connect these devices together? 

Meanwhile, please show us a screenshot of the tpPLC utility's page. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:More powerline with tpplc
2019-07-30 10:31:37 - last edited 2019-07-31 07:23:56

Hi Kevin, I have a local network with some computer connected between internet cable via hubs. One of this computer is configured as gateway and it's my exit to internet. I have some locals not connected via cable, and I have used a box with 7 sockets where I have insert 7 powerlines (PA411, PA4010) and made connection to the electrical box to bypass the electric differentials who serve different zone. I have connected the powerlines in box with a dedicated 8 ports hub. The last port in hub I have connected to my network, and finally, after setting the WPA4220 and the principal powerline PA411 & PA4010, the isolated locals are connected to internet. I have sets the WPA4220 with dedicated ip address, and I can connect with them with an internal computer but outside the locals, and the users that use the WPA4220 (by wifi or cable) now have access to internet. What I whant is to connect to the PA4010 or PA411, but the PLC utility do not shows all powerlines that are connected to the hub. Only one of them is shown and i can't see the others

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:More powerline with tpplc
2019-07-30 10:34:48

This is my screenshot

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:More powerline with tpplc
2019-08-06 05:59:35

Please make sure that they are located under the same network. With the main adapter connected to the main router, please unplug the client devices from other units and verify whether you can see them.

Still the same, you can reset them by holding the reset button and re-pair them with the tpPLC utility  to give it a shot. 

Besides, if you want to access specific powerline adpater, you can connect your computer to it directly and run the tpPLC utility.

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:More powerline with tpplc
2019-08-06 07:24:10
Hi Kevin, I haven't only one main adapters, but 7, one for every electric line. This seven adapters are connected to the lan with an hub (the hub's eighth port). I know that is possible to directly connect to every adapters, but I whant know if is possible to connect with them via ethernet, and if is possible to see toghether the 7 adaptors.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:More powerline with tpplc
2019-08-22 09:07:35

Any news?

Options