All of a sudden KC120 not recording and going off line sporadically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-28 07:16:30

My cameras have been working just fine, but since yesterday one of them (I have 2) keeps going off line spradically and now it's not recording activity.

What could the problem be?

Thanks,

Linda

Options
7 Reply
Re:All of a sudden KC120 not recording and going off line sporadically
2019-07-29 08:08:00

@LindaL 

What is the light status of the KC120? Does the live view work properly? 

Try to change the activity zone and sensitivity; Even you can hard reset it and reconfigure it to give it a shot.

Still the smae, please show us 2 pictures: 

1. The picture of the camera in the devices page.

2. The picture of the activity page on the kasa app.

Options
Re:Re:All of a sudden KC120 not recording and going off line sporadically
2019-07-29 08:20:42

Thanks for your reply Kevin_Z! I finally figured it out by checking if there was a problem with the wifi in the apartment where the cameras are. There was a notice on AT&T's website that there were problems in that area. So I waited it out. It's working fine again....for now.

Options
Re:Re:Re:All of a sudden KC120 not recording and going off line sporadically
2019-07-30 07:46:49

@LindaL 

Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear that the camera works well now.

Wish you enjoy it. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:All of a sudden KC120 not recording and going off line sporadically
2019-08-11 07:11:42

Me again. Same problem again. Cameras go offline sporadically. And this is without the provider having problems. As I am in another country and this is my mother's apartment, I need to be able to see what's going on at all times. She has parkinson's and dementia and there are aides with her 24/7. When there is someone there that I can trust, I have them unplug and plug in the cameras and they start working again. What can the problem be?

Could it be the wireless in her apartment or could it be the cameras? I find it strange that it's both of the cameras though never at the same time.

Thanks again!

Linda

Options
Re:Re:All of a sudden KC120 not recording and going off line sporadically
2019-08-13 07:48:24

@LindaL 

Hi Linda, thanks for your reply.

For this camera, please ensure that the firmware is up to date, and it obtains good wifi signal strength from the main router. 

Besides, you can try to move it closer to the main router or change the wireless settings of the main router to give it a shot.

Or you can setup a static IP for the camera on the web interface of the main router. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:All of a sudden KC120 not recording and going off line sporadically
2019-08-13 08:52:16

Hi Kevin!

Firmware is up to date. All the rest is well and good except for me being in another country. I guess I'll just have people I can trust, when they're there, unplug and plug back in. That seems to work. I don't want them moving things around or playing with router settings, that might mess everything up. They are not very good at English.

Maybe tp-link will pay for a plane ticket so I can go do it? hahahaha

Thanks anyways (till next time)

Linda

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:All of a sudden KC120 not recording and going off line sporadically
2019-08-15 08:08:22

@LindaL 

Thanks for your reply. 

While as you know the plane ticket is expensive, lol.

A soft reboot can solve the issue temporarily, per you said, you can take it as a workaround for now. 

Any further problem, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1344

Replies: 7