M5 & TimeMachine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M5 & TimeMachine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M5 & TimeMachine
M5 & TimeMachine
2019-07-29 09:06:20
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Anyone out there with issues on using TM to backup ?? ie. my NAS / TM is connected to a swtich with local Mac and then to 2 M5. The local Mac has no issues, can see the TM volume and backup, but my MacBook can sometimes see the TM volume (BTW, this was all working when I had a Netgear Nighawk & Airport Extreme), but in most cases, can't see it at all. 

I haven't done my homework yet, but it feels like Bonjour is either being blocked / not flowing between all the M5s, cause I can't see any of my AFP volumes / resources either.

thanks

Mike

Options
3 Reply
Re:M5 & TimeMachine
2019-07-30 09:58:35

@MikeYYY 

What is the current network topology? How do you connect these devices together?

Plesae ping the NAS from the Macbook when it cannot see the TM volume. And please show us the picture of the ping result. 

Meanwhile, with NAS connected to the Deco M5 directly, bypass the switch, do you have the same issue? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:M5 & TimeMachine
2019-08-09 13:49:36

I think this is resolved now. I had a lot of issues with my NAS (QNAP, upgraded with new firmware and it was also malware infected, so a no. of issues!). 

It's more stable now, so will keep an eye on it.

Options
Re:Re:Re:M5 & TimeMachine
2019-08-12 09:53:01

@MikeYYY 

Thanks fo ryour reply, glad to hear that it works well now.

You can take more time to test its performance.

Any further problem, do not hesitate to contact us.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 768

Replies: 3

Related Articles