Disable DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disable DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Disable DHCP-Solution
2021-06-03 05:54:18 - last edited 2021-11-26 06:52:41

@troed 

Thank you very much for the notice.

There are two requests for DHCP server actually, one on the access point mode which is in majority, the other on the wireless router mode;

When on the access point mode, Deco used a smart DHCP server which means when it detected there was another DHCP server in the network, it would disable its DHCP server otherwise its DHCP server would be enabled;

For example, when the main router restarted after the Deco or main router went down, the smart DHCP server would take effect;

And we will also add a DHCP on/off switch on the access to get rid of the unusual situation that the smart DHCP server is always on even though the main router came back;

On the wireless router mode, the DHCP server is enabled all the time, and currently, there Is still no plan to allow users to manually turn off the DHCP server;

I will keep attention to the similar feedback and report to the senior engineers for further optimization;

At the same time, it is also suggested that you could send APP feedback directly via Deco APP;

Hi, All.

Latest Update:

[Solution]Smart DHCP on/off switch under access point mode

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Disable DHCP
2021-06-03 11:06:19 - last edited 2021-06-03 11:17:33

@TP-Link 

With all due respect, I don't know anyone in their right mind would want DHCP on an access point. Isn't that the whole idea of an access point? I had no idea that my D4 had a smart DHCP enabled. I would never want this AP dishing out odd IP addresses to my 30+ devices that need specific MAC/IPs.

If that happens they'll be going on ebay for sale.

For me, everyone wants the DHCP functions on the ROUTER mode. That's what I understood and misread your reply earlier. Even the free opensource dd-wrt firmware has this option which I use.

So I've just got an overpriced basic AP now. Great!

We need DHCP on/off on the router mode not AP please! How hard can that be? My most basic routers far cheaper have this option.

So during a power cut if the D4 boots up faster than my dhcp hub it could start dishing out new IP addresses?? So I'd have an IP conflict nightmare once my hub kicks in!! Who thought of that ridiculous idea? Very smart idea indeed.

Options
Related Articles