VR600v: Cannot call into mobile network via Dect phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-30 20:33:33 - last edited 2019-07-31 01:41:27
Model: Archer VR600v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

Hi,

I use an Archer VR600v with the latest firmware which is setup correctly for internet and VoIP. Internet is working well, also phone calls from/to fixed network with connected Dect phones. And it is possible to call into mobile network with a tpPhone app. But it is not possible to call into mobile network with a Dect phone. It always fails after the call is connected for a short time (< 1 second). The called mobile phone does not ring but recognized the call. I also tried a router from a competitor and it works. So the problem is not the ISP or the Dect phones.

Does anybody know about this issue? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance, Marcus

Options
7 Reply
Re:VR600v: Cannot call into mobile network via Dect phone
2019-07-31 07:50:03

@nyxophyl 

How do you connect the Dect phone to the VR600v? By DSL line or wireless?

What is the current network topology? How do you connect these devices together? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:VR600v: Cannot call into mobile network via Dect phone
2019-07-31 09:48:56

@Kevin_Z 

I tried both ways to connect the Dect phone: wireless and with the RJ-45 port to connect the basis station of the Dect phone.

The current topology: VR600v wired to ISP, wired to PC (via Power line), several WLan devices connected and the Dect phone is registered directly at the router.

Best regards

Options
Re:Re:Re:VR600v: Cannot call into mobile network via Dect phone
2019-08-01 08:44:02

@nyxophyl 

What is the model number of the Dect phone? How did you register it on the TP-Link router? Do you use the VOIP account to do that? Please show us a screenshot of it.

Meanwhile as my knowledge, if you register the VOIP on the TP-Link router directly, the phone will work with the phone line connected to the phone port; while you connect the DECT phone to the router by wired cable or wifi. So I'm a little confused. 

Or have you registered on the Dect phone itself as well with another VOIP account? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:VR600v: Cannot call into mobile network via Dect phone
2019-08-01 09:37:52

@Kevin_Z 

The Dect phone is a Gigaset C430HX. And yes, I use the VoIP account from the ISP, that I have entered in the VR600v. (I can add a screenshot in the evening, if really necessary.) The Dect phone is registered at the router, well, via Dect (pressing Dect button on the router for 6 seconds, start the connection process on the phone, enter the pin, then they are connected). I can see the phone added to the list of available phone devices. Do you need more information?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:VR600v: Cannot call into mobile network via Dect phone
2019-08-02 09:46:19

@nyxophyl 

Thanks for your reply.

To fix this issue, our engineer will email you later to do further troubleshooting.

Meanwhile, from the current situation, we suspect that the ISP does not transfer the data, so you failed to call into the mobile network with the Dect phone; It is recommended to contact ISP to get some help at the same time.

Thanks for your support and cooperation in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:VR600v: Cannot call into mobile network via Dect phone
2019-08-05 17:14:58

I have installed the new available firmware 0.5.0 0.9.1 v0075.0 Build 190621 Rel.61814n and with that, the problem is fixed.

Thank you for your suppport.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:VR600v: Cannot call into mobile network via Dect phone
2019-08-06 08:23:49

@nyxophyl 

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear that you figured it out finally. 

You can enjoy the internet and VOIP service now.

Any further problem, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1411

Replies: 7