Archer D7 bandwidth issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-31 09:49:34 - last edited 2019-07-31 10:09:29
Model: Archer D9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 16_15.55.48

I have a 20 megabit profile and my ISP says my home is reached by 12/13 megabit as shown in the image below taken from the modem Status menu:

The issue comes when I do a speed test (via ethernet, no load on the line) and it comes out that the effective speed I get is 7 megabit.

Is there any setup I could trick or maybe a suggestion on what should I check?

Thanks everybody

PS. Don't know why it can't let me select Archer D7 as model

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer D7 bandwidth issue
2019-08-01 03:44:28 - last edited 2019-08-01 03:45:32

@Absolut 

Thanks to remind me that the Archer D7 is not included, we will add it later.

What is the speed you can get with your computer connected to the D7 by ethernet cable? 

Please test the wireless speed as well with computer connected to the TP-Link wifi only, and click here to verify the wireless negotiation speed. 

From the picture attached, the SNR margin value and rate data indicate there may have some issue related to the line stability provided by ISP. You can contact ISP to confirm it.

You can refer to the statement below. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/546/ 

Besides, here are some suggestions you can give it a go.

1. Ensure that the firmware is up to date

2. Customize the wireless settings to optimize its performance, including wireless channel and channel width. 

2.4GHz: channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width as 40MHz; 5GHz, channel 36, 40 or 44, channel width as 80MHz.

May it help, nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 1

Related Articles