Cannot access notifications: Operation Failed
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: KC100
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I’m having problems to enable activity notification for my KC100 camera.

I installed the camera and I can access the live feed, activity calendar, recordings... however I have a problem when accessing the settings>notifications menu.

I show a message saying: “Operation Failed: try again later”

any clues? Thanks!

Options
3 Replies
Re:Cannot access notifications: Operation Failed
2 weeks ago

@Jarias 

Please ensure that you have enabled the notification permissions for Kasa app in your phone settings.

You can try to factory reset it to give it a shot.

How to reset it:Please remove the magnetic housing to see the RESET button.Then press and hold for over 15 seconds to reset it.

Click here to get the setup video: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/kc100/#video 

Options
Re:Re:Cannot access notifications: Operation Failed
Saturday

I have the same problem. I have tried a factory reset (both within the app and via the hardware button) but still get the error "Operation failed. Please try again later" whenever I try to change the notification settings. Notifications from the app are allowed in my android OS (but clearly this was never the issue anyway, given the error in the Kasa app). Notifications are set to "always" in Kasa, no matter what I try to set it to, as any changes I try to make give the error.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Cannot access notifications: Operation Failed
26 minutes ago

@SimeonZ 

What is the model number of your camera? Please show us a screenshot of the error message on the kasa app.

Meanwhile, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Please provide the mac address of the camera and your cloud account which you can send to me privately via message so that we can do further analysis and fix it.

Best regards. 

Options