Cannot access notifications: Operation Failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-01 09:05:55 - last edited 2019-08-22 07:08:10
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I’m having problems to enable activity notification for my KC100 camera.

I installed the camera and I can access the live feed, activity calendar, recordings... however I have a problem when accessing the settings>notifications menu.

I show a message saying: “Operation Failed: try again later”

any clues? Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Cannot access notifications: Operation Failed-Solution
2019-08-22 04:56:50 - last edited 2019-08-22 07:08:10

SOLVED!

I've been in touch with tp-link email support about this as well, and just got a solution that worked for me: it turned out my camera was set to the wrong timezone. It had defaulted to another state in the same timezone, and switching it to the correct state fixed the issue completely. I now don't get the error and am getting activity notifications as intended. Check your camera's time zone in the Kasa app by going Settings (overall app settings, not the camera settings) -> Location and Time -> Time Zone.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Cannot access notifications: Operation Failed
2019-08-02 02:45:25

@Jarias 

Please ensure that you have enabled the notification permissions for Kasa app in your phone settings.

You can try to factory reset it to give it a shot.

How to reset it:Please remove the magnetic housing to see the RESET button.Then press and hold for over 15 seconds to reset it.

Click here to get the setup video: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/kc100/#video 

Options
Re:Re:Cannot access notifications: Operation Failed
2019-08-17 08:06:47

I have the same problem. I have tried a factory reset (both within the app and via the hardware button) but still get the error "Operation failed. Please try again later" whenever I try to change the notification settings. Notifications from the app are allowed in my android OS (but clearly this was never the issue anyway, given the error in the Kasa app). Notifications are set to "always" in Kasa, no matter what I try to set it to, as any changes I try to make give the error.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Cannot access notifications: Operation Failed
2019-08-21 02:37:59

@SimeonZ 

What is the model number of your camera? Please show us a screenshot of the error message on the kasa app.

Meanwhile, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Please provide the mac address of the camera and your cloud account which you can send to me privately via message so that we can do further analysis and fix it.

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Cannot access notifications: Operation Failed
2019-08-22 00:53:32

Screenshot of the error below - this pops up every time I hit 'back' from within the Notifications settings, even if I make no changes to those settings. It also gets stuck loading on this screen and I have to kill the app.

I have also emailed support and per their suggestions have tried on another device, and made sure not to be using a vpn or battery saving. None of their suggestions so far have made any difference. 

Model number is KC100, hardware version 2.0, firmware 2.2.28 which should be up to date. Kasa app is also the latest version (last updated 25 July), running on a Pixel 2 with the latest android 9 version. I will also send a message with the other info you asked for.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Cannot access notifications: Operation Failed-Solution
2019-08-22 04:56:50 - last edited 2019-08-22 07:08:10

SOLVED!

I've been in touch with tp-link email support about this as well, and just got a solution that worked for me: it turned out my camera was set to the wrong timezone. It had defaulted to another state in the same timezone, and switching it to the correct state fixed the issue completely. I now don't get the error and am getting activity notifications as intended. Check your camera's time zone in the Kasa app by going Settings (overall app settings, not the camera settings) -> Location and Time -> Time Zone.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Cannot access notifications: Operation Failed
2019-08-22 07:07:46

@SimeonZ 

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear that it was resolved finally. 

If need further help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-04 06:40:37

@Kevin_Z 

i have been reading this feed on getting notifications. None of these things have worked for my new spot pan tilt camera. Impossible to activate notifications ! 
thank you for any help you can give me 

k

Options
2020-03-05 01:25:33 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:28:30

@Katthor 

Hi, please refer to the instruction below to check the notification settings on the phone and APP.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2741/

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1966/

What's the model number of your camera? Is there any error message when you activate the notification? Have you tried to reset the camera and test it with another phone?

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4856

Replies: 8