Archer C6 - Can't find 5G network when using WDS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-01 14:24:06
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I've been trying to use Archer C6 as a repeater to improve the 5G WiFi coverage of my home.

But, when I try to enable the WDS function of it, it doesn't find the 5G network, only the 2G one.

Is there a way to do it? Or to force it? Or I have to enable some configuration on the original router (it is an Arcadyan PRV3399B-B-LT, from the cable provider)?

Thanks in advance

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 - Can't find 5G network when using WDS
2019-08-02 01:51:27

@makinelo 

The WDS function is available for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. 

Please check under advanced-system tools-system parameters page, and please show us a screenshot of it? 

WDS bridging only requires configuration on the extended router, so there is nothing to do with the main router. 

Besides, we choose either 2.4GHz or 5GHz to use the WDS function, you can connect the C6 to the main router via WDS bridging, and it will broadcast 2.4GHz and 5GHz network both. 

Options
2020-01-21 19:26:38 - last edited 2020-01-21 19:46:57

@makinelo I have the same issue as well. Whenever I choose the "Survey" option under "Enable 5GHz WiFi Bridging" option, it returns no 5GHz APs. Tried that by having both my Android phone and a D-Link Dual Band router, but it cannot find either of them.

Here's a screenshot showing my phone as a 5GHz Access Point:

And here's the relevant screenshot of the router settings:

CC: @Kevin_Z 

EDIT:

I tried manually selecting it to both WDS1 and WDS2, but it still couldn't find any 5GHz SSIDs.

My firmware version is: 1.2.0 Build 20191014 rel.33289(4555).

Options
2020-04-15 10:49:26

@SDey96 

Hi there !

I had the same issue. On the main router, I changed the band width of the 5G wifi.  From 80 MHz  I setted it to 40 Mhz.  Now it works but  the speed is a little lower than before.

Maybe an issue from tplin to see 80 Mghz wifi wds source...

let me know if it worked for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 6175

Replies: 3

Related Articles