set top box problems when deco m4 is in accespoint mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

set top box problems when deco m4 is in accespoint mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:set top box problems when deco m4 is in accespoint mode
2019-09-03 09:43:29

@jaaps123 

Hello, usually we will use a switch to do that operation which supports port mirror;

While to do further analysis, if you are willing to do the troubleshooting with us, our engineer will email later and try to fix it.

Please check your inbox.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:set top box problems when deco m4 is in accespoint mode
2021-01-15 13:11:46

@jaaps123 

Hello, I can confirm the problem, the same setup.

Router (provided by ISP) –ethernet cable→ Deco M4

Primary Deco M4 –ethernet cable→ Set-top Box (provided by ISP)

Primary Deco M4 –wifi→ Secondary Deco M4

Both Decos in Access Point mode.

Some IPTV stations work well most of the time, some (with higher numbers, mainly Eurosport) fail to play or freeze frequently. Sometimes restart helps (for lower number stations), but not for Eurosport.

Direct connection (bypassing Deco) works always well.

Please advise how to sniff packets. I am a sporadic Wireshark user. Where / how to connect probing computer? Free Ethernet ports are:

• On the Router mentionend above
  • On the Secondary Deco mentioned above.

I am not on-site now and due to lockdown I expect several months to be able to go there (my parents's house), but I can connect remotely to a PC connected to the Router (more precisely, its switch), if this would be helpful. I am not a network expert, so I do not know if packets you are interested in will be visible for other devices connected to the Router's switch.

Options