Issues adding IP4 addresses reservations

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-03 17:52:48 - last edited 2019-08-05 08:08:41
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 170719 Rel.63031n

Hi all,

I purchased my router 2 nights ago and the night of settign up I set 9x static IP4 address reservations for some of my internal systems.  The next day I tried and when I click on the '+ Add' the area comes up askign for the MAC and IP I want to use, but then within seconds a grey area appears over it all which stops me from clicking on anythign inside it like the text boxes and buttons.  Below is a screen shot of what it looks like.  I have tried using Google Chrome, Internet Exporer, Firefox and even Edge, but they all do the same thing.

Does anybody know what is causing this and how I can fix it?  I still need to add 10+ more reservations like printers desperatly!

Thank you so much to those who respond.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Issues adding IP4 addresses reservations
2019-08-05 08:08:24 - last edited 2019-08-05 08:08:41

@AlanWooler 

We have not received such feedback yet; we have noted that and reminded our R&D team, they will work on it and find a solution.

As a workaround, you can setup static IP on your device itself; It is the same.

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Issues adding IP4 addresses reservations
2019-08-05 11:21:53

Hi @Kevin_Z

Thank you for letting them know.

Sadly some of the devices that I need to create static IPs for are IOT devices which don't have the internal option to set it to use a static IP.  I have found a workaround though which is ok for now.  I installed your mobile phone app and that allowed me to add static IPs in.  It is a little more time consuming as I am having to type on a screen keyboard the MAC and IP address, but it is not too bad.

Kind regards

Alan

Options
Re:Re:Re:Issues adding IP4 addresses reservations
2019-08-06 08:51:47

@AlanWooler 

Thanks for your reply; Glad to hear that you find a workaround; it will help a lot even though it will take more time to add the static IP. 

Besides, per I said, we are working on it now, any updates, we will let you know immediately. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues adding IP4 addresses reservations
2019-08-06 19:26:42

Thank you very much @Kevin_Z

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues adding IP4 addresses reservations
2019-08-07 02:33:08

My pleasure, glad to help you.

Best regards. 

Options

Information