Deco m9 wifi channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m9 wifi channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:Deco m9 wifi channel
2020-06-22 05:44:32

@Kevin_Z I am really frustrated with lack of all these basic features.

Why should some one pay premium price and don't get some thing which 10$ basic router provides.

Options
2020-10-31 09:53:18

@Kevin_Z 

5ghz channel still not selecting best channel. Even if option is not given to user to change, can the ability of the M9 be improved to select more than the default 44?

Options
2020-10-31 12:41:30

@JK-Ie 

It's not just M9 people that are having this issue and although the Tp-link representatives here always say that they are passing on this user request to the R&D, the R&D have so far not listened to this and leave the user with the belief that this will change. Even if they gave some feedback saying it is not possible or they will never change it (give us a reason, we're all adults here).

You can look through the P9 users requesting the same thing which is over a year old (I believe) and nothing has changed. I would simply accept that the Deco range will not have this important feature in the future and that their automatic channel selection is as useless as a concrete parachute.

Options
2020-10-31 21:11:13
My Deco prefers channel 40. Maybe it selects channel and sticks with it for a while, but it is definitely not just channel 44.
Options
2020-11-05 12:43:06

Hey, all:

Just to note: the Deco's (probably as decided by the "Main" unit) may choose different channels after a reboot.

I just observed that.

Yes, it would be nice to have a selected set of channels for it to "initially choose from" for those cases where one has devices with restricted channels.  If the "signal environment" has changed significantly, one could try rebooting the mesh to see if it finds 'better' channels.

Options
2020-12-27 14:04:18

@Kevin_Z 

I just bought the Deco M9 system. It really chooses the most worse channels there are. If no update with channel selection is available I will return the Deco system. 

I'm not waiting a long time like others do, they all are very patient. Any progress on this subject?

Best Mam

Options
2021-05-19 21:44:26

@MAM I just spent 500$ on these... why still no wifi channel change? This is terrible.

Options
Related Articles