RE305 as access point
RE305 as access point
RE305 as access point
2 weeks ago
Model: RE305
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: RE305(EU)_V3_190221

Hi there,

i have some strange behaviour if i switch RE305 to access point. Once RE305 reboots, it is no more possible to contact the gateway from workstation or wifi clients.

If back to extender mode, no more problem, the gateway will be reach again.

What's wrong? Perhaps, i do not understand something?

Many Thanks,

Antonio

Options
3 Replies
Re:RE305 as access point
2 weeks ago

@SimarInf 

Do you mean you cannot access the web UI of the RE305 when it works as access point ?

If so, below are some instructions to login:

1. With computer connected to the RE305, please open a web browser and enter tplinkrepeater.net to login; you can disconnect the RE305 and the main router first to login.

2. Or please login to the web UI of the main router  to get the current IP address of the RE305, and use the IP to access the web UI of the extender. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:RE305 as access point
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

Many thanks for your answer!

I'll try to better explain.

I have an ISP router, 192.168.1.1, with also Wifi AP.

If i configure RE305 as extender of ISP router WiFi, all is ok!

But two floor up, i prefer to setup RE305 as Access Point mode. So, from ISP router ui, i'll get RE305 IP, and then switch to Access Point Mode. As far as RE305 reboots, i'll lost the router, no ui, no ping 192.168.1.1. If i search RE305 IP, with Fast Resolver for example, i'll get to RE305 ui, but no more ISP router. It's very strange for me. Or is there something that i do not understand? From the manual, it seems very simple... switch to Access Point Mode, configure 2.4 and 5GHz, et voilà... well, it's true for RE305, but incredibly no more ping to ISP router!... and, obviously, no more internet as no more gateway...

Hope to explain well... if not, please ask me

Many thanks,

Antonio

Options
Re:Re:Re:RE305 as access point
a week ago

@SimarInf 

With 2 floors up, can you get internet with your computer connected to the main router directly by wired cable?

Please disconnect the main router and RE305 first, please reset the RE305 and configure it as an access point, instruction as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1401/

Once you changed it to access point mode, please connect it to the main router directly with ethernet cable and connect your client devices to the extender to verify whether you can access internet. Besides, please click here to check its IP address and default gateway. 

Still the same, you can assign a static IP for thr RE305 under settings-network page and upgrade the firmware to the latest one. 

May it work and have a nice day. 

Options