Smart plug not connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-09 19:12:29
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I own two HS100 smart plugs and found one suddenly displaying a solid red l.e.d. It has worked flawlessly in the past. I attempted to reconnect it to my network several times but ended up having to delete it from the kasa app and carryout a factory reset (twice) The connection setup process stalls when the green l.e.d. begins blinking quickly and fails to connect everytime. Any thoughts? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart plug not connecting
2019-08-12 06:59:19

@Fabric20 

Please hard reset it one more time by holding the settings button for 10s with the plug powered on.

Then please follow the instruction below to configure it:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/hs100/#video 

Besides, you can move the plug closer to the main router and change another smart phone to give it a go. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Smart plug not connecting
2019-08-12 20:22:05

No joy Kevin. Carried out the reset several times and the same thing is happening. I don't think there's a fix. My suspicions are that, it may be a compatibility issue with the kasa app. I'm lost tbh. Thanks anyway for your help. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Smart plug not connecting
2019-08-13 02:58:17

@Fabric20 

Thanks for your reply, sorry to hear that.

Per I said before, if still does not work, please contact the tech support to verify whether the replacement is qualified. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Smart plug not connecting
2020-11-01 06:05:36
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1346

Replies: 4

Related Articles