[Archer A9] Maxis Fibre VOIP not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-10 09:17:00
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20190403 rel.63102(5553)

I just bought this router to replace the Maxis Fibre stock router, Technicolor.

This is my current settings now:

I connect from Tp-link router Port LAN4 to Maxis router, Technicolor WAN port.

But the VOIP is still not working. Anyone knows how to solve?

Options
9 Reply
Re:[Archer A9] Maxis Fibre VOIP not working
2019-08-12 05:50:45

@sky91 

What is the led status of the Archer A9? Can you get internet from the TP-Link router with computer connected? 

You mentioned VOIP, do you mean IP-Phone which connects to the Archer A9's LAN4 port via ethernet cable? 

Does it obtain IP address from the Archer A9? Can you access it from the local device? Like can you ping it?

Besides, is there any settings need to be done to make it work, like port forwarding or so? It is recommended to contact the tech support of the IP-phone to get some help.

Have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:[Archer A9] Maxis Fibre VOIP not working
2019-08-12 06:01:01

What is the led status of the Archer A9? Can you get internet from the TP-Link router with computer connected? 

All LED status are normal, green colour. I can get Internet from the router. Just the VOIP doesnt work.

You mentioned VOIP, do you mean IP-Phone which connects to the Archer A9's LAN4 port via ethernet cable? 

Yes, but the IP-Phone doesn't have Ethernet cable. It has phone cable, RJ11 instead.

Does it obtain IP address from the Archer A9? Can you access it from the local device? Like can you ping it?

How to ping it? Could you teach me how to do so?

Besides, is there any settings need to be done to make it work, like port forwarding or so? It is recommended to contact the tech support of the IP-phone to get some help.

I called to the tech support hotline but nobody get back to me so far. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:[Archer A9] Maxis Fibre VOIP not working
2019-08-13 01:33:05

@sky91 

Thanks for your reply.

You mentioned that you connect the VOIP phone to the LAN 4 port of Archer A9 via RJ11 cable( telephone line), while the Archer A9 is a regular wireless router, does not have any RJ11 port(phone port) and it does not support VOIP feature; Instead, to make the IP-phone work, we need connect it to the LAN 4 port via ethernet cable, like cat5e or so. 

Note: The VOIP feature I mentioned can be referred to: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2020/

Besides, we use ping command, press windows+r key, enter cmd and ping the gateway of the VOIP phone. 

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:[Archer A9] Maxis Fibre VOIP not working
2019-08-13 04:05:11

Is it other way to make the VOIP works since it can support VLAN tagging? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:[Archer A9] Maxis Fibre VOIP not working
2019-08-14 03:16:39

@sky91 

I'm afraid that there is no method to make the VOIP work cause there is no phone port existed on the Archer A9; instead, you can use a DSL modem router with VOIP function.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:[Archer A9] Maxis Fibre VOIP not working
2019-08-14 03:24:37

I found some ppl bridge the new router with the old router which the old router serves as VoIP server. 

I still waiting for their replies.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:[Archer A9] Maxis Fibre VOIP not working
2019-08-14 08:56:27

okay, you can wait a while for their replies. 

Any updates, you can let us know. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:[Archer A9] Maxis Fibre VOIP not working
2019-08-29 02:49:45

The method is new router to Access Point mode.

Then the old router main router.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_gGECGLiY

But doing this way, the Internet speed from new router is just same as main router which is lower than my ISP speed 300 mbps, max hit is 90 mbps.

Anyone knows how to fix it?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:[Archer A9] Maxis Fibre VOIP not working
2019-08-30 08:39:35

@sky91 

So the old router limits the speed you can get; does it support vlan tagging, if so, you can try to swap the locations between the 2 routers.

Otherwise, you may need order a gigabit router to work as the main router.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4325

Replies: 9