How to connect to Ethernet?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-11 03:05:07 - last edited 2019-08-11 03:08:47
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

My new home is hardwired with Cat5e throughout and I am trying to connect the three bases via ethernet because my understanding is that they should be faster when hardwired. I set them up via wifi, but as my modem is in a basement, my mainfloor and upstairs have diminishing speeds. I am currently running gigabit fiber and pulling approx. 800+ when hardwired. When I attempted to simply plug them in with cat5e cables it did not change the speed on my mainfloor and upstairs (approx. 200 and 100ish). I am getting 400+ in my basement standing right near the main deco unit, so I would assume that I should be pulling that from all of my units once they are hardwired. What is my next step? Do I need to use AP mode to hardwire them for the speed boost? No idea what I am doing here. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to connect to Ethernet?
2019-08-12 02:23:05

@cousinwalter2 

We will get some details to do further analysis and try to fix it. 

What is the current network topology/layout? And may I know who is your internet service provider? And what's the bandwidth  you pay for them?

With your device connected to modem and main Deco by wired cable directly, what is the actual speed you can get separately? And please click here to check the wired negotiation speed.

Note: The steps are the same, while you need right click on local area connection or ethernet connection. 

Besides, please try to run a speed test via the Deco app and show us the results. 

With your computer or cellphone connected to the slave Deco only, please run the speed test for 3 times and show us the test results; Furthermore, please connect your computer to the slave Deco by ethernet cable to verify the wired speed.

Please connect your smart phone to the Deco's wiif and login to the deco app; click the settings button and then choose advanced>>IPv4>>Internet connection type and uncheck obtain DNS automatically and change the primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and click save.

After that, please run the speed test again and check whether it work.

Have a great day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 527

Replies: 1

Related Articles