Cannot access Archer C7 AC1750 v2 although LEDs are working (except Wifi)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-11 07:42:07
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I recently move from one place to another but no matter what I do: I can't get my Archer C7 working at my new place.

When I plug it in, only the power LOD comes on as a static light.

Wifi doesn't start at all, no matter, which direction the Wifi slider at the back is set.

Pressing the factory reset button for more than 10 seconds doesn't have any impact at all. The power LED stays static, the Wifi LED won't come on.

LAN LEDs turn on for the applicable plug when I try to connect my PC to the router via ethernet cable.

I cannot however, access the router's web interface to see what's going on. It's almost as if the router is not connected to the PC. Windows 10 detects a LAN connection but is unable to get an IP address from the DHCP server (instead it assigns an ominous 169.254* autoconfiguration IP address and shows no gateway when looking up details with IPConfig.

When trying to use Windows 10's troubleshooting, I'm getting a "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" as a result.

I tried the same on 3 different PCs (also rebooted them).

Any ideas or shall I accept the fact that the hardware itself seem to be broken? (which is odd with the main LEDs still working).

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot access Archer C7 AC1750 v2 although LEDs are working (except Wifi)
2019-08-12 05:42:48

@PTW 

Please ensure that it is the original power adapter; try to reboot it first and then hard reset it by holding the reset button for 10s with the Archer C7 powered on. 

Besides, there is a wifi button/switch on the back of the router, please ensure that it is turned on.

Try to connect your smart phone to the TP-Link wifi and check whether it can get valid IP address;

Still the same, please contact our tech support to check the warranty policy and verify whether a replacement is qualified. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support  

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 1