second acces point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

second acces point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
second acces point
second acces point
2019-08-12 10:34:20 - last edited 2019-08-13 03:27:36
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

hello, i've bought a second TP-LINK TL-WR841N to use it as a second acces point, at the moment i have a main router and one of the acces points installed. But now comes the problem that i don't know how to install the second acces point, should the ip range of the second access point only be outside of the main router's ip range or both router and first access point?

any help would be appreciated! 

Options
5 Reply
Re:second acces point
2019-08-13 03:29:49

@Brend 

Please assign an IP address for the 2nd TL-WR841N which is different from the IP address of the main router and first access point. 

Below is the instruction to configure the router as an access point. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/417/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:second acces point
2019-08-13 08:09:51

OK, thank you for the reply, but I'm having trouble logging into the first acces point to find the IP address of it, or is there any other way to find the IP of the first access point? 

And do I disable or enable dhcp on the second access point? 

Thanks! 

Options
Re:Re:Re:second acces point
2019-08-13 08:27:19

@Brend 

You can try to login to the web UI of the main router to check the IP address of the first access point.

For the second access point, to make it work, please disable the DHCP server and ensure that there is only one DHCP server existed which is the main router. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:second acces point
2019-08-13 10:38:23

If I log in to the main router web UI, I only get to see the IP of the router right? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:second acces point
2019-08-14 00:56:12

@Brend 

Once you logged into the web UI of the main router, first you can get the LAN IP address of main router itself.

Then you can go to DHCP client list page, there you can find the IP addresses of the devices which have been connected to the main router, including the first access point. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 743

Replies: 5

Related Articles